Small Used Lite Weight Motorcycle Suggestions.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Or, be super cool on the road with the new Honda Monkey! Now that they've been out for a while Im starting to see used ones for $3k on CL. The only issue is going two-up on the bike and they haven't come out with a rear seat/passenger peg option. Although, I've heard the rear subframe is the same as the Grom and you can add their passenger pegs and a custom rear seat.
667C5DB2-96D4-4669-9774-DE91AE7D095A.jpeg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Sweet! Was the passenger seat optional or custom? I’ve been eyeballing the new 125 looks nice with the disk brakes. Did you ever come across one with the oversized rear sprocket? When I was 13 my Dad bought me a Sport 50, then a Super 90, after that a 160 Scrambler, great bikes and memories.

The passenger seat is called a "buddy" seat, and was an option.
One of the two bikes I brought back did have the overlay sprocket.
With it, the things are absolute mountain goats, but useless on the street.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I'm in BC Canada .....while we can't modify a motorcycle on the otherhand I think it is the only place in North America that still allows people to legally change (with engineer and mechanical inspections) the GVWR of a vehicle.

Many US states, Idaho included, the registered/licensed max weight holds more weight than GVWR, by a long shot.
So changing GVWR really isn't a concern. You simply register the vehicle appropriately. But it is only sub-rating as far as I know, nothing above GVWR.
Many businesses sub-rate trucks, say, register a 30k truck for 25,999 to allow anyone to drive it (no CDL required)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles