SRW vs DRW? Planning to install a coach on a Ford Super Duty but can't decide on wheel configuration (dually?)

Would you go single or dually for a ski trip vehicle that wants to do some light overlanding too?

• Single Rear Wheel

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Dual Rear Wheel

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
Funny I may replace my Goodyear g275 that have almost no miles with mpt81’s. Everyone on the continental seems pleased

java

Expedition Leader
Funny I may replace my Goodyear g275 that have almost no miles with mpt81’s. Everyone on the continental seems pleased
What size and what's wrong with the g275?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
335/80r20. They’re out of round. Seems there’s a consensus that these are not round. IG “brewdiak”
Been watching him....

None of the big ones are very round I don't think.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Korey H

Mine came in today. Now waiting on my 1st Attack wheels... at least a couple weeks out.
fd637c0c46021af01fd21947772fae77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Fair warning, for those considering commercial tires instead of LT's, especially in snow and ice...
In general, the tread compound for commercial tires is terribly hard and near dangerous in hardpack ice and snow.

This is a significant reason we went the way we did... Rolling heavy, but not overly, on a truck fitted with high capacity LTs.
Only downside if you can walk that line (with regards to weight) is that you will be buying tires more often, as the tread compound is softer, shorter, and wears faster.

Same goes for my opinion of the DRW vs SRW...
I prefer to walk the line, and stick with a SRW, for many reasons, safety (grip) being paramount.

50343562841_f3dfd814aa_h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles