Need a better remote temp sensor for my Engel MT45

toddz69

Explorer
For many years, I've used an Engel remote thermometer in my Engel fridge - the one that displays time, external temp, and internal temps. However, it's never worked very well because the fridge temp reading goes out and I learned the trick of popping the batteries out of the remote sensor to get it working again. On longer trips, this is annoying because I have to do it at least once, often several times/day.

I don't really need the time, or the external temp - just the internal temp of the fridge. Does anyone have any good experiences with a fairly generic, good quality remote unit that might work as a good replacement for this old Engel unit I'm using?

TIA,
Todd Z.

wallygatoresq

Expensive, but I have one of these that I carry with me because I like tracking the temperature and stuff, it should work and ties to an app in your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

llamalander

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
A simple remote thermometer from Walmart for like $10 is what I've used for the past 15 years in both my Engel45 and Tiger camper fridge. I'm very OCD about putting new AA in every season and it's never given me a problem. Good luck

Beer Temp = Good
Moab Temp = Not Good

0C3D5DF1-88BD-4CE5-8E6F-74E5791D96D5.jpeg

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Haven't tried this, but it was recommended here when I had a similar question...

I use a number of the SensorPush modules and they are amazing.
I have them in my fridge, in the wall of my van where all the electronics/Lithium battery is, in the open air (to see just how hot it gets...148deg max, and how well insulation works) in my cigar humidors (2 winecooler and 2 desktop)
It is great how they data log, can give warning alerts and the batteries last FOREVER.

@toddz69 I really recommend the SensorPush as the bluetooth range is good and the app can be set with warning alerts if temps get out of range.

4RunAmok

Explorer
Another SensorPush user, love it! Super long bluetooth range, and easy to program high and low temp alerts, as mentioned

vaulter1

A bit late to the party with suggestions but THIS one works perfectly for me in my CFX3 35L and I like that there's an alarm function in the app for temp too high or low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles