Tex's 2019 GX460 build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Not much in the way of off-road action of late but the GX has definitely been stacking on the highway and everyday use miles in the recent weeks. She also went in for her 20K service a few weeks back as well.

5nGc2WB.jpg

oB7xpzB.jpg

gGolIXg.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A buddy smacked the front end of his 2020 GX460 on something going down the interstate but he managed to salvage the upper half of the grille for me. I plan to pick up the newer gloss style emblem for it and trim it up and install it. Short of the new headlights it'll help update the front end a little.

p6ZyaKr.jpg

ITTOG

A buddy smacked the front end of his 2020 GX460 on something going down the interstate but he managed to salvage the upper half of the grille for me. I plan to pick up the newer gloss style emblem for it and trim it up and install it. Short of the new headlights it'll help update the front end a little.

p6ZyaKr.jpg
That will be a big improvement. When are you going to install it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I think so too, it'll go on as soon as the grille emblem arrives and I have some time to mess with it. I am hoping to get it done next week so long as we avoid these two hurricanes that might be headed our way lol.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Not only will this show 2014-2019 owners what this would look like on their vehicles, it also shows for the most part (less the headlights) what a 2020 GX460 owner can expect to see with a full wrap bumper.

2020 GX460 grille on a 2019 GX460. I've gotta say that I like it more than I thought I would. The aftermarket emblem took some tinkering to fit but you can't tell the difference between it and an OEM emblem. I might go back to the 2014-19 emblem and black it out later on but I'm going to run with this look for now. Now to find some 2020 headlights lol.

4My0AaD.jpg

M8xj7j1.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally got around to wiring in the signal load resistors for the front LED signals in the bumper. I don't know why I waited so long to do this, but I am glad that I no longer have the hyper flash when using my signals.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally got around to changing out the silver hardware on the faux beadlock rings on my SCS wheels. I think these took a few months to arrive from China back when I ordered them. You've got to take it easy when installing them as they are polymer. I like the look, but only time will tell if they hold up. If they don't I'll have the factory hardware power coated and reinstall them.

yr8xjTt.jpg

f6MQA1C.jpg

fWZrgyd.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Finally got back out to the beach this weekend, it has been a while. The weather was amazing, low winds, clear skies and the water a nice blue-green. The GX continues to amaze me in the deep/soft sand, I grow more and more fond of this truck each time I have it out. Looking forward to adding a few more mods/accessories by years end.

m2JvGeK.jpg

FvUNneh.jpg

iLKsAnt.jpg

mnwh1dy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles