The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

Justgosurfin

Set at Toy Auto Mart in Rancho Cordova. Want $250 each -- not sure if they'll ship.

Look a little rough around the edges -- but some leather cleaner/polish should clear them up real nice.

Two coffee colored ‘18 still available in south Florida... I’ll hang on to them until someone is in need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imbecile

They're a dime a dozen on car-parts.com
Course the chocolate flavored ones are in the newer vehicles so they are kind of a limited supply still.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
They're a dime a dozen on car-parts.com
Course the chocolate flavored ones are in the newer vehicles so they are kind of a limited supply still.

Yes, but you have to find the Sienna Limited's for sale with pictures, look thru the pictures to see if they have the leather recliners in 2nd row.
If no pictures, then it's calling every wrecking yard to ask them if the 2nd row seats are the recliners, wait for pictures.
Since a majority of the wrecking yards don't post pictures, it's takes some dedication.

Imbecile

Youre seriously asserting that sitting in the comfort of your own home browsing the internet and making a few phone calls is somehow labor intensive and requires some high degree of dedication? Heaven forbid you should strain your eyes or sprain your pinky dialing the phone in an attempt to save a few hundred bucks.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Youre seriously asserting that sitting in the comfort of your own home browsing the internet and making a few phone calls is somehow labor intensive and requires some high degree of dedication? Heaven forbid you should strain your eyes or sprain your pinky dialing the phone in an attempt to save a few hundred bucks.

:ROFLMAO: If you only knew.
Takes some dedication to sift for possibilities, yes. Meaning, it's not like you can just go to siennarecliners.com and order up some. Well, not anymore at least.
I should have also commented "I haven't found Sienna recliners being a 'dime a dozen on car-part' to be true in the past 5yrs, but YMMV."
Carry on with the Sienna recliner love, they're fantastic seats for the money...(y)

WinnieVan

Dime a dozen on Car-Part.com? I don't think so -- sure they're there -- but most are in the $1000 + range for new pullouts.

Yup -- might get lucky by making some phone calls or looking on marketplace/offerup/etc. It isn't exactly "hard" work -- but it's not like finding a bumper cover for a 2000 Honda Civic.

WinnieVan

Im going to use some brackets similar to these to bolt onto the seat and then bolt the seat to the base, then i will have to make brackets to bolt to the floor. I want the electric base to be up inside the seat a little bit so my brackets wont be exactly the same as these but they give you the idea.

Did you use off-the-shelf brackets for the "bolt onto the seat" part? I've been eyeing these too for my swivel build -- but most of them seem to short. Thinking about just cutting some out of 2x4 angle but would rather just go with off-the-shelf if there are one's you've determined that work.

Imbecile

No, i ended up manufacturing brackets that slide up inside the bottom of the seat, those are then bolted to the sliders which in turn are bolted to the floor using additional brackets.
But my setup is slightly different than a regular E-350 van. Mine is an RV, an E-350 cutaway, theres a transition edge that sticks up about 1.5" inches behind the seats where the floor transitions into the living area. The brackets i made that go inside the seat are all one piece and of course you have to make sure the slider doesnt interfere with the seat recline mechanism ect.... and of course the seat is offset so that has to be accounted for. It took me a couple days of piddling around with it on and off to decide on a good way to make the seat brackets. I didnt feel confident just bolting a couple chunks of angle under the seats even though im sure that would accomplish the same thing and be just as effective.

I have all the brackets made already but i still have to install the passenger side. I can snap some pics when i assemble it and post them here. I just havent been feeling the greatest for about a week now so i havent got much accomplished.

Last edited:

Justgosurfin

six way switch installed....

The more you post about these, the closer I am to buying a pair. Ugh.

My plan now is to just bolt/weld the sienna floor tracks to my swivel bases. And then set then set the height/tilt permanently.

Imbecile

Its not that difficult to do the electric bases man. I just dont think you will be happy with the seats in one permanent fixed position.

Justgosurfin

Its not that difficult to do the electric bases man. I just dont think you will be happy with the seats in one permanent fixed position.

I agree. I’m just afraid of adding more weight to swivels that maybe weren’t meant to hold that much. Although I’m sure the weight of some of the people in who sat in the conversion van swivels totaled more than me at 185 + the seat.

With that said, I’d like to use the sienna seat belts so I just want to be sure it’s all study enough on that base.

I guess ending up sitting too high is another consideration when using all of these comments together.

Can you post of pic of how you attached the seat to the power base? Maintaining that quick connect would also be cool.

Justgosurfin

I havent installed my passenger seat yet. I just finished up mounting the electric switch on the driver seat. I figured i better get it installed before i ended up slamming it in the door. I can post more pics when i install the passenger seat. Its been raining all week here and hasnt stopped yet even today. I think Sunday its supposed to clear up. If you look at the passenger seat you can see the big tear in the seat cushion. Thats why im swapping mine out, the local upolstery shop quoted me a $1000 bucks each to redo them. I told him you do realize i can buy brand new Flexsteel seats for $800 each?

By the way, you about have to use the Ford seat belt or else you will get an airbag malfunction light on your dash. Unless of course you splice wires or something to fool it.

Thanks. My van is a 95 and now has a cummins and manual in it = I pulled all the warning light bulbs out haha. Otherwise like you said, you could probably just splice those two wires together to make it think the buckle is in.

Yea any pics would be great. Mainly interested in how the seat is attached to your 6 way base.

Thanks for sharing the info.

I have two extra of those coffee sienna seats if you or anyone needs/wants one or both. I thought we would put a second row in but I’m thinking of something else now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles