WTB: mid to full-size truck (camper/overland build) (Tacoma, Frontier, Tundra, Colorado, Sierra, etc.)

jimmyhew

Cash ready to go, looking to buy a mid to full-size truck that has been modified with camping/overland accessories. It doesn't need to be fully built, so I will look at anything, and I thought this forum would be a great place to start.

I am open to any trucks, but ideally it will be a truck like a Tacoma (I actually like the 2nd gen better), Frontier, Tundra, Colorado, or GMC Sierra.

I am located in Colorado but will travel around the country for the right deal.

Let me know what you have!

Last edited:

shmabs

Explorer
I might have a silver 2007 double cab Tacoma for sale soon. It's got 160k, v6, 4wd, geared to 4.56 with the "8.2" rear axle swapped in, ARB lockers front and rear, on board air, icon CDCV coilovers and shocks, Vagabond Drifter Camper etc...stock bumpers, uncut body and bed, no rock sliders. If it's something you're interested in, PM me. Located in northern CA.

Last edited:

Rakkasan3187

2009 F250 lariat fx4 package
111k 6.4 powerstroke diesel
Full dpf delete, 5” exhaust, BlackMax tuner
Only Amsoil Synthetic
Full fuel system replace
S&B intake
Carli Suspension 4.5” King pintop Kit
Carli full Deaver leaf kit
Carli long travel airbags
Carli fabricated radius arms
Carli hi mount steering stabilizer
Carli front diff guard
(5) Fifteen52 17x8.5 wheels
(5) 37x13.50 Toyo RTs
Vice designs front and rear bumper and sliders
(Removable rear tire/fuel can swing out)
Warn zeon platinum 12k
Baja designs pods in front bumper
Rigid white rock lights
Rigid rear bumper lights
Rigid 40” sr up top
Rigid scene lights on roof rack 2left, 2 right, 2 rear
ARB twin air compressor with 2g tank
All controlled by Spod system (Bluetooth SPOD)
Wireless air compressor for airbags
Rhino rack pioneer platforms
Alubox roof rack mounts
Maxtrax roof rack mounts
Snugtop XtraVision topper
iPad mini in dash
JL audio console sub
Bed is wired for a portable battery box to run fridge.
Headlights have been retro fitted with Morimoto Mled projectors.
Truck is wrapped in Multicam Black
Wrap can be removed
Extremely well taken care of inside and out.
My local dealer has all service records from the day I bought it. (2nd Owner)

Feel free to call me at 479-790-3961 if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I've got a solid phase 1 setup that I'm considering stepping away from. It's a solid base that I've used with success without the hardcore overlanding bits and bobs that one could easily add later. The truck, as setup gets 27.5-28.5 mpg on highways, with the shell and tent. Truck has enough luxury to be enjoyable while still has 4WD Lo/High for dirt and AWD option for rain/snowy roads.

PM me if you're interested. Can discuss pricing in person, since it's not formally for sale.

Details:
-2018 GMC Canyon Crew Cab (short box, 5ft) SLT 4WD diesel, every available option, red with tan leather, trailer brake, nav, etc - approx 10k miles - Stock
-2018 ARE Commercial Fiberglass Tradesman Camper Top Shell, white - locking rear swing up door and side doors, all hard-sided - perfect for accessing the whole truck bed
-Yakima Roof Rack on Shell
-2012(?) Autohome Airtop Maggiolina, small Rooftop tent - good and clean, one small spot of damage of rear corner, no leaks
-2 Custom hand-built overland camping drawers - negotiable, I might want to keep these.
EP_Canyon1.jpgEP_Canyon2a.jpgEP_Canyon3.jpg

To replicate this setup new would be approx $52k

bouhdybuilt

I might have a silver 2007 double cab Tacoma for sale soon. It's got 160k, v6, 4wd, geared to 4.56 with the "8.2" rear axle swapped in, ARB lockers front and rear, on board air, icon CDCV coilovers and shocks, Vagabond Drifter Camper etc...stock bumpers, uncut body and bed, no rock sliders. If it's something you're interested in, PM me. Located in northern CA.
Just messaged you about the Vagabond Drifter if your willing to sell separately!

If other than a pick up is of interest ?!?

Attachments

• 8C28634A-1F73-4BF7-90FA-5D4362EBDC37.jpeg
    8C28634A-1F73-4BF7-90FA-5D4362EBDC37.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • E9E38072-8DBE-4F7C-9C8F-990F14D8652D.jpeg
    E9E38072-8DBE-4F7C-9C8F-990F14D8652D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles