2015 ram headlight bulb question

Luckychase5

Adventurer
So my low beam bulb went out. Is there a better bulb people like and use? Or should I just replace it with a stock unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Sorry, I should have said this, but in the “Black Appearance Package” I have the Bi Projector Headlights. But I appreciate know this will be a PITA to change, so I’ll order all new bulbs. Cheers

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Ordered some Philips low beam and Sylvania High Beam bulbs. We’ll see how they do

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Wish I saw this earlier.
You can replace both high and lowbeams with brighter (and legal) bulbs by slightly modifying the bases.

It's a significant improvement.

How to modify:
For the HIR highbeam: https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-91565365470012_2267_311973
For the H9 (2100 lm vs the stock 1350 lm), just use a dremel or sharp knife and cut off the plastic fin that runs down the middle of the bulb's female socket.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Sorry, I should have said this, but in the “Black Appearance Package” I have the Bi Projector Headlights. But I appreciate know this will be a PITA to change, so I’ll order all new bulbs. Cheers
Dang; I didn't see this post at first. The advice in my previous post if for the quad-halogens with parabolas.

What bulbs are stock in the projectors?

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Dang; I didn't see this post at first. The advice in my previous post if for the quad-halogens with parabolas.

What bulbs are stock in the projectors?

Low beams are HIR2
High Beams are 9005

6fe3f84dd052f5af35a959d9449b8553.jpg

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Cool. You can replace the 9005 with an HIR-1 then. The HIR-2 is good the way it is.
The LL versions are weaker output to last longer. I'd rather use good bulbs and replace them annually.

Will I need to do any modifying to make that adjustment to HIR-1’s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94