Do Second Hand Ursa Minor's Ever Come Up for Sale?

campertramper

Hello. I'm new to this forum and toying with picking up some kind of adventuremobile to kit out. I'm fascinated with Ursa Minor pop-tops and now I'm thinking of purchasing either a 2007/2008 Honda Element or a 2012-2017 Jeep JK. I've learned that Ursa Minor's are permanently affixed to the roofs of Elements, which seems to limit the ability to swap them between vehicles, whereas it seems like the J30's are super easily swappable, and therefore perhaps more valuable because you can swap out the base vehicle but still hold onto your camping rig. Which leads to my main question...do second hand Ursa Minor J30's ever show up for sale on this forum? If so, what's the usual asking price? Thanks everyone!

billiebob

I have never seen the top for sale separately but if you find a full unit for sale I'd bet you could work out a "trade tops" and then the seller is just selling a JKU...... not sure which would sell faster. Or buy his complete unit and sell your JKU. Not sure what your question is tho.

ahh, I see you asked the question...

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Sure they do. I bought and sold one here. Price for me and when I sold was several thousand cheaper than new. Keep an eye on the classifieds here and the big Ursa thread in the Jeep section. Sometimes people post a feeler if they are thinking of selling. That's how I found the one I had.

roving1

Strangely they seem to pop up more often then you think they would. I see maybe 3-4 a year and I am not really even looking for them.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I am planning to do my 04 element. My design allows to slide up when parked and you do not need to remove the cushions to get in or out of the topper Renderings
Kevin
silverelementvisionblkpoptopdown.jpg
1594249321723_1594249314520_silverelementvisionblkpoptopup.jpg

Tugvi

There is a facebook group for ursa minor owner and they pop up for sale on that page. Lots of useful information on it as well. Price depends on age and add ons from factory.

sabjku

Observer
Like @86scotty said, they do pop up for sale a few times year. I still kick myself for not buying yours!:)

You need to be quick about it though. They do generally go pretty quickly, especially if it's a fair asking price. They hold their value.

campertramper

Thank you all for your replies. This is very helpful to me as I try to devise my strategy for picking up a used vehicle and camper top.

campertramper

Sure they do. I bought and sold one here. Price for me and when I sold was several thousand cheaper than new. Keep an eye on the classifieds here and the big Ursa thread in the Jeep section. Sometimes people post a feeler if they are thinking of selling. That's how I found the one I had.
What's the URL of that 'big ursa thread' you mentioned? I haven't been able to find it yet....

86scotty

Cynic

campertramper

Thank you all. I think that I'm monitoring all of the channels that I need to now to keep my eyes open for the next one(s) that appear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles