Recent acquisition - M416 Overland trailer - needs springs

xanth

Hi everyone,

Wife and I have started to get into Overlanding. We currently drive around 2 2-door JKs and are not new to off roading.

Came across an overland trailer already fairly built up, just needing some additions we will add over time. It is based upon the M416. I've done lots of reading on this forum about peoples build threads and what not, some great info!

The springs look to be original, and the passenger one is not only flat, but staring to bend the wrong way! New springs are on the way, went with the Rancho RS44020 to bring it back, and add a bit of lift too. The PO put one some custom shackles on the back, and am hoping these two will go together.

Trailer currently wears 31x10.5 tires on 16" wheels, and will upgrade them (when I do the axle and hubs) to 32" Jeep wheels and tires, to match what is on my wife and my jeeps.

With the upgraded springs, hoping the tires will fit with no issues.

Anyways, question is on the shocks. For those that have added a spring lift, what are you doing for the shocks? Any replacement part numbers?

Thanks in advance

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
This might be helpful. If you need more height doing a spring over is very easy.

Springs:
1950's vintage CJ3A/CJ3B FRONT leaf springs (36.25x1.75 inch leaf springs)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles