Fresh LT 2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road DCSB Overland Built

Clearly you don’t have a clue what you’re looking at ... not to be insulting.

Seems in line for what I am asking on my Taco with its mods. I have less miles though but no LT. Not much interest though for mine but I think it is mainly due to wanting to sell the Taco and Khaya together. Probably going to break them up soon. I'm not in a hurry to sell and I have had folks reach out, but nothing serious. So like you mentioned not in a rush to sell, but I am curious what people think this stuff is actually worth buying. At least you got replies to your post.

Cheers!

alexplb

So .... youve decided to highjack the post because I have more people engaged in it? :)) j/k
In reality most of these cars are not easy to compare since they are mostly unicorns one of a kind builds. Also there are a lot of DIY builds vs professional builds like this one and so on. is there a value in that ? For me there is but for someone that doesn’t care probably not much. Then there is the whole spectrum of wants and needs, color combo preferences, brands of the components (let’s not kid ourselves here that’s huge) one simply can’t expect a knock off, ebay light bar to have the same value as $1700 Bajadesign bar that would bring to the table and so on.
on this particular build suspension parts, fabrication work, brakes wheels and tires are sitting over $20k along. So.... one can’t really compare a LT to a none LT build just because $ wise it’s not in the same boat. Now value is a subjective thing, so to someone who doesn’t care for LT it wouldn’t make sense to spend extra money. But to someone that wants it this is a win win. Just my 2 cents.

Seems in line for what I am asking on my Taco with its mods. I have less miles though but no LT. Not much interest though for mine but I think it is mainly due to wanting to sell the Taco and Khaya together. Probably going to break them up soon. I'm not in a hurry to sell and I have had folks reach out, but nothing serious. So like you mentioned not in a rush to sell, but I am curious what people think this stuff is actually worth buying. At least you got replies to your post.

Cheers!

alexplb

Update bump
“Desert Star” is turning 70K soon, price adjusted to $62,500 OBO. Looking over few builds listed I think this is the best bang for the $

alexplb

Hi do you have diff locks installed ?
Factory rear diff yes. Never cared for front locker on this sort of set up. Only time I’ve ran into a situation needing front locker is when I’ve owned a Jeep and crawled it, I wouldn’t think doing that with an Overlander is a good idea :), I’m not familiar with what “TAV” stands for?

ThunderUT

Great build! What is the height to the top of the Habitat? I am also interested in gross vehicle combined weight if you have it now. I have the same truck with 4:88’s a and a Leer shell. Gears made a huge difference. I am curious about the 5:29’s performance. Gas mileage with my rig averages 15.6 mpg, I have logged 261 fill ups, 51441 miles. 6000 of that has been towing a 19’ TT or a Turtleback Expedition. Any issues at freeway speed, 75/80 mph? What size are your tires? You say 34”, can you be more specific?

alexplb

Great build! What is the height to the top of the Habitat? I am also interested in gross vehicle combined weight if you have it now. I have the same truck with 4:88’s a and a Leer shell. Gears made a huge difference. I am curious about the 5:29’s performance. Gas mileage with my rig averages 15.6 mpg, I have logged 261 fill ups, 51441 miles. 6000 of that has been towing a 19’ TT or a Turtleback Expedition. Any issues at freeway speed, 75/80 mph? What size are your tires? You say 34”, can you be more specific?

Thank you.
So the exact tire size is ... drum roll plz! 285/75/17
I’ve never had the need or access to weight the car, so I don’t have the figures on that. I know it Is heavy, even with lighter aluminum sliders, plates etc it is still a pig in terms of the weight.
75-80 mph is not a problem at all unless you have heavy head on wind then it will rev high to maintain the speed.
I’ve measured from ground to top of the habitat it’s approximately 7’,2” if i deflate the tires and car is loaded it could fit into the garage I think.
5:29s is the only way to go with bigger/heavier set ups like this. I don’t baby sit it and if I’m cruising 75-80 i get around 13 mpg OR roughly 240 miles on a tank. Just came back from Yellow Stone last week and in the park up and down at slower 50-55mph it averaged 16-17 mpg, so closer to 280 miles on a tank. Seems like it all depends on speed and weather conditions.
Hope this helps.

ThunderUT

Appreciate the response. I will recheck the height constraints. I am afraid 7’ is my max. Unfortunately HOA doesn’t allow outside parking. I could replace tires, downsize to a 255/70 and squeeze in but that may be a little tight. Mileage is about what I expected. I will confirm height.

alexplb

Where there is a will there is a way. I would bet that deflating to say 15 psi will drop it enough to make it work. But changing tires or wheels might be even an easier solution. Of course there also an option of changing ride hight but i love the stance as it is now. If you’re close it’s worth seeing it in person.

alexplb

Like no other.
BE35E4D8-709F-4CF0-94F0-23DFDE2E4A15.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles