Wrangler JL / JT Steering Issues

Jurfie

Adventurer
Yes, it is discussed in great detail on another forum for JTs. Not all experience the issue, but many people have been complaining of a dead spot and loose feel. Those who have had the TSB repair have been reporting it a night-and-day improvement.

dpike

can confirm. i have a 2020 JLU Rubicon and i'm currently waiting on replacement parts for the dealer to fix under warranty.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Too bad they never had a TSB for my 2014. I am experiencing the exact same symptoms with my steering.

check everything in your steering linkages. My tie rod ends on my 2014 went bad and had no visual indicators until the rig was suspended in the air and someone pried on them with a bar, then the movement was dramatic. It seemed that with the weight Was enough to create friction to hold them in place, but when driving they were all over the map. It took a long time to recognize as the Jeep has always blown from lane to lane, so I just got used to constant drift correction and didn’t see how bad it was getting.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw “Officer I swear I’m not drunk, I’m just driving a Jeep!”

autism family travels

check everything in your steering linkages. My tie rod ends on my 2014 went bad and had no visual indicators until the rig was suspended in the air and someone pried on them with a bar, then the movement was dramatic. It seemed that with the weight Was enough to create friction to hold them in place, but when driving they were all over the map. It took a long time to recognize as the Jeep has always blown from lane to lane, so I just got used to constant drift correction and didn’t see how bad it was getting.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw “Officer I swear I’m not drunk, I’m just driving a Jeep!”
I am getting my transmission fluid changed in the next couple of weeks, I will get it all checked then. Thanks for the info. Yeti gear going in then with the attenuator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94