wrangler roll bar modifications

Q: can the rear side extensions of the roll bar system be removed?

thinking of the next vehicle and it could be a 2 door with cab only over the front seats.

thanks

1598179241551.png

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I'm not much of a jeep guy but I think all of the rear down tubes are welded in. The Wrangler era cages with the bent rear tubes had seat belt anchors back there. The only bars that bolt in are the Wrangler hoop to windshield bars.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
There were a couple of Scrambler type kits, one even from Mopar. None are being produced anymore. All had different ways of addressing the roll bars.

JDaPP

Adventurer

Those might be similar to what you are looking for (no affiliation and I have not personally used either). You will need to cut the bars but there are plenty of aftermarket kits if you decide you want to add it back in.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Gr8tops has kits for 4 door and 2 door for JK/JKU. The 4 door kits can either be ordered as a 2 door conversion with larger bed or a 4 door with smaller bed.

Did not know action camper had closed. They have designs for JL and gladiator so assumed they were still going.

Vinman

Observer
I'm not much of a jeep guy but I think all of the rear down tubes are welded in. The Wrangler era cages with the bent rear tubes had seat belt anchors back there. The only bars that bolt in are the Wrangler hoop to windshield bars.
The entire stock cage in a TJ can be unbolted and removed easily.

The entire stock cage in a TJ can be unbolted and removed easily. /QUOTE]

not expecting others to do my homework for me, but i'll ask one more anyway:

Q: can the removed unit be separated so the front seats will have protection? or is it an "all or nothing" proposition?

(guess that was two questions!)

Vinman

Observer
The rear portion of the cage consists of the main hoop that is bolted to the floor and the rear bars that are bolted to the top of the inner wheelwells just ahead of the tailgate. The “front” portion is just two bars that run from the main hoop to the windshield frame.
So in order to remove the rear section you have to remove the entire cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94