Pics of your VAN! Post up!

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Box, I have a small Step van at the back of my property I use as a man cave/ escape from da wife. Simple plastic garden chairs and table setup so critters don't try to make a home. Gonna hook a solar panel up and put a small battery in it so I can have better lighting (none at moment) and power for small fridge and cell phone charger.
I should have taken a picture with someone standing in front of this thing oh, it's huge. Looks like it was at one time and Ice delivery truck. Has an aluminum body and overall looks like it's in excellent condition. Our property has a couple of old cabins and a mine and a mill on it. There is a space up on top with a road to get to it where this thing would look great and I'm thinking about staging it like a vintage Overland vehicle but never moves, there's plenty of room inside for beds and an awning etc. I'm thinking I'm thinking.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
240F9589-2294-4BEA-927C-4ECE3F0D5287.jpeg
my camp stove slid too far into my storage cabinet and I didn’t have my pole. Afterwards it occurred to me I should have made a video to truly capture the little flailing legs :D
I’ve got full extension drawer glides in my to do pile... but this time a smaller friend helped.

BDOMAN

18dbbfbcb74a358d4be7b5bc31c45f46.jpg

dc0a3e56139e01989f27bae6a359ce5b.jpg

ceba4cce8266225fccc2a0f46abb885d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooseberry

Explorer
LOL, not everyone gets that reference....

Back before Porsche prices went crazy in the late 90's I had a few 911's while working at The Racer's Group and S-Car-Go Racing. My favorite was a '74 with a twin plug 2.8 motor, Weber carbs, wide RSR flares and 15"x11" & 9" reproduction Fuchs filling them. It was a blast and bought off eBay for a ridiculous now price of $13k. Sold it after turning it into a track day car at a NASA/PCA event a year later.

I have pictures in a shoebox somewhere, bringing them out makes me sad......

So a friend is building a 917 and the bottom end is done and the new billet heads are getting finished along with the chassis getting started. I have a strange group of friends and they are also the ones that make the Tbolts for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaptainBuilt

This very interesting super old school rig is parked way up in the Colorado mountains at 9600 ft near our property. I could probably have it for a song, but then what? I have seen one of these converted to 4WD, couldn't take my eyes off it, lol.View attachment 605472

If it has leaf springs in the front, it can be converted to 4WD. If it doesn't, then it still can be, just a lot more complicated.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
American Basin, out of the Alpine loop, ready to climb Mount Handies.

View attachment 606162
I was on the Alpine Loop Cinnamon Pass side just a few days ago Wednesday afternoon and it seemed the entire state of Texas was there in UTV's. I've never seen it so busy and the roads are completely destroyed, UTV's remove every bit of dirt from between the bed rock making it very very rough. Nice van!

2.8rsr

So a friend is building a 917 and the bottom end is done and the new billet heads are getting finished along with the chassis getting started. I have a strange group of friends and they are also the ones that make the Tbolts for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something like that someone doesn't "just build". What powertrain are they trying to make work, Porsche? I saw a twin Subaru motor that looked scary in a bad way. It deserves pics or a link either way.......

I worked on a few 962, 956 and 935's but never a 917.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles