VIDEO: Virginia to Montana in a 2019 Ford Ranger

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Cool man. I liked it.

I haven’t checked out the details for the Expedition Overland Film Festival since I don’t have the skills, equipment or footage, but this should be submitted.

Patrollife

Explorer
Cool man. I liked it.

I haven’t checked out the details for the Expedition Overland Film Festival since I don’t have the skills, equipment or footage, but this should be submitted.
Thanks for watching and for the kind feedback. I’ll have to look up the rules. I’m sure there are a lot of other great videos out there!

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
This was really good, when the Lulu Pass images came up I was shocked, how insanely beautiful and different than east coast (I live in VA also). Perfect for Overland East movie festival, there are a lot of us east coast folks that are dreaming of a trip like this but can't commit to time yet and your video just feeds the fire. Nice to see dogs living large in outdoors.....

You should do follow-up of what trip was like driving from east...time, expenses, how, any issues etc...

Patrollife

Explorer
This was really good, when the Lulu Pass images came up I was shocked, how insanely beautiful and different than east coast (I live in VA also). Perfect for Overland East movie festival, there are a lot of us east coast folks that are dreaming of a trip like this but can't commit to time yet and your video just feeds the fire. Nice to see dogs living large in outdoors.....

You should do follow-up of what trip was like driving from east...time, expenses, how, any issues etc...
Thanks so much! I was shocked by Lulu Pass, too! It wasn’t in the cards. I was leaving Yellowstone thinking I would find a campsite on my way back to Cody, but I thought to myself as I drove past the sign, let me check what this Lulu Pass is all about. I remember driving past it in 2013 when I last visited Yellowstone (had an FJ back then). I figured I’d quickly drive up and down but as I continued on, so did the tracks and incredible views! I found myself on a pretty technical track and ran into a guy in an ATV and asked him how the rest of the trail was. He told me it gets really technical with a couple of creek crossings. All that sounded fun and great, but knowing I had a 2000 mile drive back to VA, I didn’t want to chance it, so I turned around. But I’m so glad I did because Lulu and Daisy Pass ended up being such a totally wonderful and unexpected part of my trip. But that’s why we do what we do.

Great idea on the post trip write-up. I pinched a tire on my first day of driving, didn’t have a full spare, but was able to get it patched up in KC, Missouri. Tire held up perfectly the whole way.

And cheers for being my VA neighbor!

Attachments

• B5AA8DC3-B82E-42F1-BF86-E4D0FAD75C53.jpeg
    B5AA8DC3-B82E-42F1-BF86-E4D0FAD75C53.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94