Looking for seat recommendations

I have a 2007 JKU Sahara with 190k miles . The seats are not the most comfortable thing to sit on anymore . Looking for something that can replace the factory seat and still work with the passenger airbag . Both seats are manual but they do have aftermarket seat heaters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratled

Adventurer
After a 190,000 miles is anything comfortable to sit i? If you like them and the bones are in good shape have you considered have them rebuilt? A good local auto upholstery shop can do it. Maybe you can even have the heaters upgrade to add coolers too...... has to be a nice feature down that way...........

SBSYNCRO

I’ve seen Corbeau seats for sale on Quadratec. I’ve never tried them but my experience with other vehicles and aftermarket seats is that unless you want to go very high dollar (>$1000) you are usually better off either taking the factory seats to a good upholstery shop or pulling seats from another vehicle and adapting them. I want to say that I’ve seen seats from a late model Grand Cherokee bolted into a JK using adapters, but I can’t swear to it.

I only have 28k on my seats and I hate them too. Currently use a couple of memory foam pads to make long drives tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timsjeep

I just installed smittybuilt seats in my 08 JKUR and I am happy with them. They are not as good as the high end seats but for me they will work great. I am leaving on a 1000 mile overland trip this week and will report back to this thread after with an update. Tim

I just installed smittybuilt seats in my 08 JKUR and I am happy with them. They are not as good as the high end seats but for me they will work great. I am leaving on a 1000 mile overland trip this week and will report back to this thread after with an update. Tim

After lots of research I have landed on these also should be here later this week

Just curious if you guys are referring to the XRC seats? What elements of your research made you decide on them? Very curious to see some real-world feedback. Thanks
Yes I chose the XRC seats .I read every review I could of them and several other seats . The price point was one of the selling points and that I get to use the factory seat bases and sliders .

SBSYNCRO

Do they offer height or lumbar adjustment or just recline?

Will be curious to hear what you think. Reviews say they are a bit taller, which my 5’4” wife would appreciate. She complains she can’t see over the Vector Offroad e-dock. :)

I have not seen anything about the lumbar support . Height adjustment won't bother me as I have my seat all the way down now . I added lumbar support and heaters to the factory seats . I am hoping to move the heaters to the new seats but won't know till they get here .

alanymarce

I've never changed the seats in my vehicles, however my uncle, who was doing long trips on poor roads for many years, took out the standard seating and installed aircraft seats (flight deck seats). I suspect there will be a lot of them available in the next year or so...

SBSYNCRO

I've never changed the seats in my vehicles, however my uncle, who was doing long trips on poor roads for many years, took out the standard seating and installed aircraft seats (flight deck seats). I suspect there will be a lot of them available in the next year or so...

OMG I've spent the last 20 years (until now) sitting on long-haul flights >100k miles a year. The LAST thing I'd want in my Jeep would be airlines seats! lol

alanymarce

OMG I've spent the last 20 years (until now) sitting on long-haul flights >100k miles a year. The LAST thing I'd want in my Jeep would be airlines seats! lol
I was talking about flight deck seats, the ones the pilots sit in - for example those on a HS125 - very comfortable. The ones in my Uncle's vehicle were from a Commander I think - very comfortable. If you're a commercial pilot, I apologise. I can identify with the point though - my peak year was about 450K... and I passed my " year in the air" a few years ago.

timsjeep

Ok, after a long 6 day, 1200 mile overland trip, 700 of that off road, I am very pleased with my XRC seats. I was not sure after the first week just driving around town, but after a very long and rough trip I am happy and would definitely recommend them. The install was easy and straight forward. I did have to modify the base plate on the seats with just a simple angle cut to clear the seat slider lever but that was minor and easy. Seats got absolutely destroyed on the trip with mostly dust and sweat (tail gunner of the group for almost all 700 miles of dirt roads) and they cleaned up great. My back is feeling great and the lumbar is just enough but not too much. I will say that my tall friends are not a good fit for these seats. I am 5'-9" and fit great. My 6-4 buddy did not fit well. So if you have any questions just feel free to ask. Over all very happy. Ill post a picture later tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_7329.jpg
    IMG_7329.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7328.jpg
    IMG_7328.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7327.jpg
    IMG_7327.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads