2001 Tiger Provan CX 4x4 - 43K Miles

Chipless

I'm interested, but they are asking $39K. Seller is second owner (only owned for a year). They didn't provide updated pics (used original listing photos from a couple of years ago), so I won't put too much stake in them. What are your thoughts on price (or just thoughts in the general) given below info? Thank you so much for any time you can take to help out a noobie.

Powered With A 6.0 Liter (364) SFI V-8 Vortec Gas Engine And Mated to A HD 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission W/Tow Haul Mode.

34 GALLON GAS TANK
DUAL HOLDING TANKS
QUICK RECOVERY WATER HEATER
STATIONARY LP TANK & FILL
STOW AWAY II CARGO CARRIER (14 CUBIC FEET)
COACH ENTRY STEP.
EXTERIOR STORAGE COMPARTMENT
A & E 2500 SIDE AWNING
REAR STEREO SPEAKERS
85 AMP RV BATTERY & ISOLATOR
30 AMP POWER CONVERTER
25’ POWER CORD STORAGE COMPARTMENT
2 FRONT TOW HOOKS
REAR STEREO SPEAKERS
30 AMP POWER CONVERTER
12 REAR VOLT OUTLETS
16,000 BTU FURNACE
PRESSURE DEMAND WATER PUMP
BATH VENT
FAN-TASTIC 3-SPEED ROOF VENT FAN
FRONT AND REAR - ROOF VENTS

FEATURES A FULLY SELF MADE GALLEY,
Which Includes, A Atwood 3-Burner Range, Power Stove Hood With Light & Power Fan, Double Bowl Stainless Steel Sink With Dual-Control Faucet, And Pressure Demand Water Pump, Wood Board Sink Cover, Laminate Countertops With Quarter-Round Wood Edge, Fluorescent Lighting, 12 Volt Outlet & 12-Volt DC Power Outlet, Galley Sliding Window With Self Storing Privacy Curtain. Above The Galley Has 3 Overhead Storage Cabinets. Below The Galley Has Three Pull Out Drawers, Including A Silverware Drawer Plus A Dometic 3 Cubic Foot Refrigerator With Small Freezer. FEATURES A COZY 80” X 53” L-SHAPE SOFA BED, THE FRONT OF THE COACH FEATURES, OVERHEAD BUNK BED.
All the literature/manuals available. This vehicle is super clean! Sink, upholstery, cabinets etc are like new. The vehicle fits in any parking spot without a problem.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Need pictures and some more history.

There isn’t a lot of these built and even fewer that come up for sale for that price/mileage. I seem to remember a 2001 Chevy based one for sale last year out of California or Arizona but it had been neglaected and stored outside with water damage. I’m not saying this is the same one, but water damage in a Tiger is expensive and time consuming to fix properly.

Good luck from a current Tiger owner!

Chipless

Thank you so much for the quick reply. This one is a Chevy-based model too. Supposedly, the original owner kept it garaged, but I will definitely ask more probing questions, specifically about water damage as well.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Here's the listing. I wasn't sure if external links were allowed, so please forgive me if not:

2001 Tiger Provan CX 4x4

Thanks again for all of the great insight thus far!

Couple of things.

Its a great looking and priced 2001and given its mileage and condition if it’s real it would be a great deal. Our restored 1995 Tiger has been valued above that price.....but, it kinda looks like a scam.

Heres why. Pictures looks too professional. The description is a cut and paste from some source. No phone number in the CL post. It’s listed in Colorado Springs, Co CL but states it’s in the Springfield area? The background trees don’t look like Colorado, no Colorado tags.........proceed with caution and inspect in person Before any $ is exchanged.
GLWS!

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
As with all things, pursue to your own comfort level, but never send any money.

I find that the query "I will be in your area visiting cityx next week, when can I come see it?" is almost universally met with radio silence.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
FWIW....some more red flags.

1. For the past few years someone has been using stolen pictures using a similar and posting fraudulent ads. These screen grab stolen photos are swiped from a reputable guy in oregon who specializes mostly in finding, advertising and reselling camper vans. His ads are memorable because they always have the high power electric lines showing in the background. The stolen pics fraud ads always have that identifier and list prices that are“too good to be true.”

2. Some of the odd choices of what features are being hyped and what’s being ignored ( quarter round countertop edges? self made gallery? stationary lp tank? 12 rear volt outlets? pressure demand water pump? ) in this ad may possibly indicate the ad has been posted by an uniformed “seller,” someone who hasn’t ever used or seen the rig in person and just tried to cut and paste...kind of what you might see in those strange ads from the Nigerian scammers?

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Need pictures and some more history.
There isn’t a lot of these built and even fewer that come up for sale for that price/mileage. I seem to remember a 2001 Chevy based one for sale last year out of California or Arizona but it had been neglaected and stored outside with water damage. I’m not saying this is the same one, but water damage in a Tiger is expensive and time consuming to fix properly.Good luck from a current Tiger owner!

for example
Provan Tiger CX 2000 4 WD -  53900  Costa Mesa
Provan Tiger CX 2000 4 WD - $53900 (Costa Mesa)
Built On A 2500 HD Chevrolet Chassis Pickup Truck, Powered With The 6.0 Liter (364) SFI V-8 Vortec Gas Engine And Mated To A HD 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission W/Tow Haul Mode. ★ CHASSIS FEATURES INCLUDES ★Silverado Package 6.0 Liter (364)SFI V-8 Fuel Injected Vortec Gas Engine HD 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission W/Tow Haul Feather Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel Tilt Steering
1 year ago
Los Angeles, CA
$53,900.00

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
So, here’s where those ads pics you’re seeing originally came from, from a year ago!....most likely:

and here’s probably the real previous seller:

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
And., btw, it’s not listed for sale anywhere on the tiger owners’ forum site either, soooooo
(this is the best source of info on Tigers for anyone looking to buy one)

Not on the Seattle or Portland CL either....so it’s not going to be that PNW seller

Not on the Nashville CL, which is the closest CL location to the purported address map used on that listing!

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
My best advice at this point is:

65295BCB-A17F-422D-8B82-14F301ACA941.gif

Joe Eversman

Is anyone on this thread still interested in a Tiger? My wife and I recently inherited a 2001 on a GMC 2500 HD chassis. 74K miles. It is in great condition but it doesn’t fit our family of 6. We are in Loveland, CO and are just starting to research how to sell it and what the appropriate price would be. Even if you are not interested in buying any advice on price and strategy to sell would be appreciated. We have used it a little and held onto it longer than we should have for sentimental reasons. Time to get something that works for 4 kids.

Attachments

• D05EF9BF-F27F-46F6-80D3-A79118F32D39.jpeg
    D05EF9BF-F27F-46F6-80D3-A79118F32D39.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 440
  • 55B86516-5AEA-4AE9-A816-32ED70133BC8.jpeg
    55B86516-5AEA-4AE9-A816-32ED70133BC8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 414
  • 7E57A6BF-58C5-4DAB-8C68-1CCE86990477.jpeg
    7E57A6BF-58C5-4DAB-8C68-1CCE86990477.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 396

sourdoughben

Tiger Owners Forum is free to join and members would be glad to help you. There is a free classified section on the forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles