New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

Carson G

My question was just me pondering out loud. I really don't know what the reaction was to the coil vs spring debate on YJ / TJ's. I really never paid attention.

Okay. I will give you the Jurassic Park YJ. I'd roll a replica in a heartbeat. In fact I think there is two around town here.

I’ve wanted a #10 JP Jeep since I first saw the movie. I want the Triumph Scrambler from Jurassic World as well.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Oh, and why tow ratings are so important in today's world ................... the "gig" economy .............

As Americans Ditch Airports And Hotels, RV Boom Saved GDP From Even Bigger Collapse

"We didn't anticipate this turn being as strong as it has been," Craig Kirby, RVIA's president. "People don't want to fly, they don't want to stay in a hotel. In an RV, you can cook your own meals and sleep in your own bed."
Kirby said some manufacturers are developing RVs "with dedicated workspaces that allow for the desks and other systems to be stowed away once work is over."

He said mobile workspaces in RVs could be the next big trend for the industry - especially since people can now remotely work.

Google search term "By RV" explodes to record highs.............

.........While the pandemic has clearly altered the shift in how people travel, there is also reason to believe, with at least ten million people about to get evicted, America's working poor could end up moving from apartments and homes to mobile RV trailers. "

Blaise

Oh, and why tow ratings are so important in today's world

The defender tows more than any vehicle in its class. So... gonna buy one? Or would a wrangler suit you better? Or gonna get a road-going F150?

Choice E: None of the above. You're here to do nothing but troll.

JeepColorado

The defender tows more than any vehicle in its class. So... gonna buy one? Or would a wrangler suit you better? Or gonna get a road-going F150?

Choice E: None of the above. You're here to do nothing but troll.

I thought we'd gotten past all of the name-calling- it's unfortunate to see you devolve the conversation. I think your better than that Blaise- I hope you are enjoying Montana in your comfy LR!

Blaise

"It's class''?

It's in a class that I use to tow nothing.

Agreed, but this guy can't stop with the towing comments.

I thought we'd gotten past all of the name-calling- it's unfortunate to see you devolve the conversation. I think your better than that Blaise- I hope you are enjoying Montana in your comfy LR!

Only responding to the completely out of context post about RVs which have nothing to do with the Defender. Trying to steer it back on topic... heh. I leave in the morning :)

JeepColorado

Dan Grec's Top 5 Reasons he drives a Jeep around the World....interesting perspective about Defender's and Land Cruiser's from a guy who has done it

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
It might not.

That's not going to make me want to buy the most disappointing new design of this decade though.

JeepColorado

He has also said the Bronco doesn’t have enough payload.

....And says that the front IFS is weaker and is a negative for overlanding ......he doesn't say this, but a reasonable conclusion would be that's X's 2 for the Defender with it's front and rear IFS.

Last edited:

DieselRanger

....And says that the front IFS is weaker and is a negative for overlanding ......he doesn't say this, but a reasonable conclusion would be that's X's 2 for the Defender with it's front and rear IFS.

...which is amusing because IFS is the design of choice on 1,000km Baja trophy trucks that spawned the Raptor, and the Raptor itself has raced Baja in stock form. And let's not compare those to Class 10 buggies which are fully independent open-wheel monsters.

I guess 70-90mph over 1,000km of desert rocks and ruts doesn't compare to gently cruising across playas and along gravel roads with occasional washouts though. ;)

Red90

Adventurer
...which is amusing because IFS is the design of choice on 1,000km Baja trophy trucks that spawned the Raptor, and the Raptor itself has raced Baja in stock form. And let's not compare those to Class 10 buggies which are fully independent open-wheel monsters.

I guess 70-90mph over 1,000km of desert rocks and ruts doesn't compare to gently cruising across playas and along gravel roads with occasional washouts though. ;)

Complete apples and oranges. Those suspensions are huge long arm setups that cost a lot more than a new Defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles