Can I use 2 MaxTrax to drive up 9” (90 degree) vertical curb?

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
For longer bridging and heavier vehicles they can easily be wider or stacked on top of each other.
Cut them to suit the jobs you want done.
I bought some second hand sheets from a scrap yard.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

LosAngeles

Get a shovel or a rake and push that loose debris up against the curb and drive out. Not really sure if your are kidding about all of this but if you aren't you should not get very far from civilization.

Dont want to piss off the construction workers..... this is right by our home and the workers have all been super cool.

Have never driven our new truck up a 9" curb.... just looking to learn. Lots of great ideas here. Much appreciated. :)

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Where can I buy a piece of that fiberglass honeycomb? What would I search for in Google?

McMaster Carr, Grainger, any other local industrial supply.

use caution, there are several different grades, with appropriately matched weights and heights.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Dont want to piss off the construction workers..... this is right by our home and the workers have all been super cool.

Have never driven our new truck up a 9" curb.... just looking to learn. Lots of great ideas here. Much appreciated. :)
If the workers have been cool, just flag down the foreman, and point out your issue, then ask nicely for a bit of help. They might just skip in a pile of dirt to let you get out easily and clean it up behind you with no hard feelings. This was common when I worked with highway crews. Better to work with the guy you blocked in than to have him destroy your site at midnight when he’s 4 beers deep in wanting out NOW!

D

Deleted member 9101

Get 6 bags of top soil, stack three per side, drive out. Then use the top soil to level your lawn.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
My truck, even when stock could clear that easy. Go at an angle, one wheel at a time.

But.........it is a construction site. You don't want your hitch to slam down an scratch new pavement. Go slow, or find a chunk of 4x4 wood so that it's a steep hill, not a drop off.

There's always chunks of 4x4 wood from pallets on a construction site.

dreadlocks

I say use it as a proving ground, whats the worst to happen? you get stuck and go inside and watch TV and drink a beer while you wait for your buddy to come over and yank yeh out?

Use a spotter, If yeh cant get over this ledge safely all by itself then you should probably equip your rig with whatever it needs that something this minor dont send you backtracking out in the field.. you can encounter this kinda obstacle on a normal back road from a simple washout.. should not really present much grief for any "Overlanding" rig, but with your weight and height its okay to be concerned enough to use a spotter and take it easy.

quickfarms

Adventurer
This has to be a joke

If you are asking the question here you should never leave the pavement.

No if the curb if fresh concrete less than a month old you need to create a ramp with wood blocks to prevent damaging the concrete

If the city is doing this work the contractor should build you a ramp.

If it is your contractor and he won’t build the ramp you went for the lowest bid

I my work truck we do that all the time without using 4wd, just at an angle so you lift one tire at at time. Wednesday was the first time it was actually in 4LO in several months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles