Lunchbox Locker for ‘94 LS Montero?

50short

Hello. Does anybody make a lunchbox locker for my ‘94 Montero LS (3.0L w/5-speed)?

Was hoping to find a Powertrax or Spartan but I can’t find the diff or axle specs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thx,
PC

plh

Explorer
Hello. Does anybody make a lunchbox locker for my ‘94 Montero LS (3.0L w/5-speed)?

Was hoping to find a Powertrax or Spartan but I can’t find the diff or axle specs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thx,
PC

Maybe, but you will need to verify a few things. the 3.0l 5 speed should have an 8" ring gear (front) and 28 spline axles (should have is the key phrase here)

Last edited:

50short

Taken from ADD site. This also aligns with my engine plate for the ratio.
Ratio: 4.625
28 spline
9” diff

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
You're wanting a rear? Just buy an SR axle with an air locker, cheaper, easier and stronger. The fronts are available in a lunchbox variety.

Reactions: plh

50short

You're wanting a rear? Just buy an SR axle with an air locker, cheaper, easier and stronger. The fronts are available in a lunchbox variety.
Thanks Toasty. I’ve considered that option. I’d need to replace the front diff too so ratios match, correct?

plh

Explorer
Thanks Toasty. I’ve considered that option. I’d need to replace the front diff too so ratios match, correct?

Where are you located. I have a full 4.636 ratio 9.5" ring gear '95 SR air locker rear axle assembly available for sale in Milwaukee, WI. Not really interested in shipping it.

Last edited:

50short

Where are you located. I have a full 4.625 ratio SR air locker rear axle assembly available for sale in Milwaukee, WI. Not really interested in shipping it.
I’m located in Minneapolis, but we’re in Milwaukee all the time. My wife’s family lives there. Delafield, Brookfield, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay. If the gear ratio is correct, I will absolutely buy it from you. Do you have the switch and compressor too?
Thanks.

plh

Explorer
I’m located in Minneapolis, but we’re in Milwaukee all the time. My wife’s family lives there. Delafield, Brookfield, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay. If the gear ratio is correct, I will absolutely buy it from you. Do you have the switch and compressor too?
Thanks.

I do have a compressor and switch (I think - its been a while since I've laid eyes on those 2 little items). I live in WFB, axle is up at my shop in Fredonia, but I can move it here once we connect. I'm around home most of the time due to covid, not traveling these days for work. PM me and I'll shoot you my phone number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles