Window tint

MTVR

Oh they can cite you for anything, now if it'll hold water is another thing..

Way back in the 90's my mom caught a fix-it ticket for window tint, I drove around the local college campus for 10mins and found an identical car to hers w/out window tint.. snapped a photo from both sides, she mailed the pics in and they dropped it... I think she had the car for another decade before she sold it and never got anymore grief and it was blacked out.. but in her defence she is very light sensitive and suffered from chronic migraines, couldn't even go outside w/out sunglasses on and never drove at night because oncoming headlights blinded her, she coulda got a medical exemption for her tinted windows had she bothered.

Then she can have her doctor write her a note- no need to be dishonest about it...

dreadlocks

But the REAL bonus to me, is that once an offender has gone that far out of their way to create a legally-justifiable reason for me to stop them, the majority of those stops reveal something going on behind that illegal tint worthy of someone going to jail, or at least getting a criminal summons with a court date- warrants, dope, open alcohol containers, child safety seat violations, you name it.

Given the context of this comment, is an interesting court ruling: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-4th-circuit/1004800.html

dreadlocks

That is a common fallacy.

There is no "...unless you're from another state." at the end of those types of offenses.

its not universal, but in many states the equipment requirements are specifically for vehicles registered in that state.. so technically, there kinda is.. sometimes.. it would be a fallacy to make the assumption outright tho.

D

Deleted member 9101

I love you like a brother, but 50% tint on a 70% "clear" windshield is about 35% VLT, which is very noticeable even to lay people, and is unsafe for reasons that you may not be aware of. I would absolutely cite for that.

Oh...you can cite me... But my VA optometrist already gave me a "get out of jail free card." :)

MTVR

Vintageracer, farm plates are not intended as a way to get away with something. The CDL exemption for farm vehicles under TCA 55-50-102 has numerous restrictions. It is only valid for actual farm use AND it's only valid within 150 miles of home, among other restrictions.

So just cruising around, and/or driving over 150 miles away from home, is going to be DWOL, and could land you in jail.

D

Deleted member 9101

Then she can have her doctor write her a note- no need to be dishonest about it...

I have one of those, super easy to get if you have blue eyes and have spent a lot of time in really sunny places.

MTVR

its not universal, but in many states the equipment requirements are specifically for vehicles registered in that state.. so technically, there kinda is.. sometimes.. it would be a fallacy to make the assumption outright tho.

Show me tint laws that are worded like that.

If you can, I'll show you tint laws that do not have exclusions for out of state vehicles.

dreadlocks

yeah that was back when my dad ran his own concrete company, we didnt have medical insurance.. a couple polaroids were much cheaper than a doctors visit.. so dishonest or not, whatever.. it was not even local.

and she's bleach blond and blue eyes, good guess heh.

D

Deleted member 9101

Sorry to hear about your eye problems.

A doctor's note gets you a pass. :)

But it is still dangerous, for reasons that you apparently are not aware of.

Lol... You'd really be upset at our PRND surveillance trucks (Tahoe)... 5% on side and rear windows and 20% on the windshield....lol.

MTVR

Given the context of this comment, is an interesting court ruling: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-4th-circuit/1004800.html

Trooper Robinson violated the coke-head criminal's 4th Amendment rights- once he issued the tint warning, the offender should have been free to go.

I would not make such a rookie mistake- I ALWAYS make sure that the dope case is initiated BEFORE the initial PC for the stop has concluded. Once the dope case is initiated, then THAT becomes the legal justification to continue the stop.

MTVR

Lol... You'd really be upset at our PRND surveillance trucks (Tahoe)... 5% on side and rear windows and 20% on the windshield....lol.

I don't get upset about window tint.

And there are probably exemptions on the books for those vehicles, just like how cops and cop cars are generally exempt from seatbelt, cell phone, tint, and other laws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne