How good are RV washing Machines for Overlanding?

Jman99

Currently to wash my cloths on the move or even camped up I use a fold up lite stand with a 15L plastic container that sits on it. I do the first wash, then empty container & fill up to rinse. This method is hard on the hands and can easily use up to 20L of water for a basic wash. So when thinking how large this basic stand setup is in storage I though maybe one of the compact washing machines would be not much worse off & better on the water usage & easier on hands.
Here is one example:

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
I have never used one. I always use a 240l drum that I attach to the back of the Mog while I am driving. 1/3 water, some detergent, a few smooth river rocks, and the clothes. End of the day I empty the drum, rinse the clothes in clean water and hang u overnight to dry.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
We have a Splendide ventless washer/dryer. Works great, except it uses too much water. We beach camp in Baja and at RV parks when we visit towns and cities. Most RV parks there have laundry facilities or, locals that do the wash for cheap. We can pack a lot of clothes on our rig, so washing clothes is a low priority. My plan is to add a RV city water valve to access the RV park cold water down there and elsewhere. Or, drop a hose using our water pump from streams or lakes.

dreadlocks

I have never used one. I always use a 240l drum that I attach to the back of the Mog while I am driving. 1/3 water, some detergent, a few smooth river rocks, and the clothes. End of the day I empty the drum, rinse the clothes in clean water and hang u overnight to dry.

ooh, I like that idea.. if you got a trailer/truck or anything with a couple feet hanging past rear axle you can easily wash your clothes on some washboard roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior