WTB manual Tacoma/camper

Long post incoming:

I’m looking for what my wife calls a unicorn - a 4cyl, manual, 4x4 Tacoma access cab. Second through fourth generation, with ideally under 130K miles.

In addition to the truck, I’m looking for something on the bed - a canopy/topper/shell would be a good start. But eventually (maybe even years down the line) I’m looking to get into something like a Vagabond Drifter or a GFC Platform camper. If one is available now for the right price, or already on a similar truck, all the better.

The truck/camper will be used for weekend-warrior camping trips from Central Texas (when it’s not blazing hot) with my wife and daughter, and eventually more like week-long trips to NM, CO, and so on. I also go on climbing trips from time to time, but generally I won’t need to be hauling *a ton* of gear.

I’m not particularly into the off-roading, so I don’t need something over built for that. I’m looking for something that will get decent mileage while still being able to haul climbing and camping gear, sleep me and my wife and the kid until she’s too big, but otherwise be a decent daily driver.

And it has to make her happy. Like I said, a unicorn.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior