Things to hate about a 2020 Tacoma...

bkg

Explorer
With the negatives, the one major positive outweighs them all. My buddy has one, bone stock with around 500,xxx miles. He changes the oil with wal mart super tech oil “when he feels like it”. Never has had a single problem just routine maintenance.

Say what you want, but they are very well built trucks.
500k on a 2020? doubtful.

D

Deleted member 9101

** - I think the 1st gen Tundra's and Sequoias are lower than the 2nd gens, but not as low as the mini-truck/4runners.

The 1st gens are about like riding in a Corolla....lol.

kwill

Observer
I have a 2019 and moved to it from a 2014 T4R. The seating position is my biggest pet peeve but you can improve it a lot by blocking the seats up. There are guys on Tacoma World who sell purpose-built aluminum blocks. There is an over-abundance of warning beeps but isn't that true of most new vehicles? I didn't understand all the carping about the transmission constantly hunting for gears until I pulled a small trailer about 1,000 miles through the Rockies. Man, does it get annoying but that's also common to newer vehicles with small engines and 6-10 speed automatic transmissions. First world problems!

Ferball

Just got back from a 5k road trip with my 2019. I am 6'6 so everytime we switched drivers and she messed with my seat it took me 20 miles to find the sweet spot again.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
I had a 2016 and now a 2020, safe to say I like them as compared to everything else available in that category. The transmission was my biggest complaint, once you get used to making use of the ECT button and slamming it into s mode and working the gears like a manual on hills and towing, it gets better. Its a little unnerving at first, but the owners manual actually tell you to work it that way on hills under load etc.....It does beep a lot...now I will notice it more after reading this thread...haha

86scotty

Cynic
Just got back from a 5k road trip with my 2019. I am 6'6 so everytime we switched drivers and she messed with my seat it took me 20 miles to find the sweet spot again.

You're 6'6" and you can drive a Tacoma?

I've had a couple of small Toy trucks and LC's. The only Toyota I can sit in is the Tundra. It's probably the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven.

09Busaman

We love our 19, =but yes, the beeping is annoying. Dont forget to add beeping again when you get close to the road lines..and we fill it up at 1/2 tank. I do wish the range was a little farther.

rruff

Explorer
I didn't understand all the carping about the transmission constantly hunting for gears until I pulled a small trailer about 1,000 miles through the Rockies. Man, does it get annoying but that's also common to newer vehicles with small engines and 6-10 speed automatic transmissions.

From what I hear, they can really use a regear. Stock is 3.90.

Reactions: bkg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We love our 19, =but yes, the beeping is annoying. Dont forget to add beeping again when you get close to the road lines..and we fill it up at 1/2 tank. I do wish the range was a little farther.

You can turn the lane departure warning off on the menu selections in the gauge cluster. That happened about 10 minutes in... I tend to color outside the lines;)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I had a 2016 and now a 2020, safe to say I like them as compared to everything else available in that category. The transmission was my biggest complaint, once you get used to making use of the ECT button and slamming it into s mode and working the gears like a manual on hills and towing, it gets better. Its a little unnerving at first, but the owners manual actually tell you to work it that way on hills under load etc.....It does beep a lot...now I will notice it more after reading this thread...haha

I use the etcetera button a lot too, and often just slap it to the left and use 1-4 only when in town. Sorry I put this in your head. Now where’s that darn clip of Igor holding his ears and saying “the bells, the bells”...

[/URL]

Last edited:

Dalko43

Explorer
Cab hasn't changed since 05... The Tundra has a normal (what I call) bar stool seating. I suspect the 08+ Sequoia is the same. FJ/FZJ's always felt higher to me. But my experience is that every non-Tundra/Sequoia** I've owned sits low-and back.

** - I think the 1st gen Tundra's and Sequoias are lower than the 2nd gens, but not as low as the mini-truck/4runners.

Cab for the 05 generation Tacoma was cramped with a low seating position as well.

4runners, Tundra's/Sequoia's, LC's don't have that problem...only the Tacoma in my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles