New Bronco

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Ford absolutely has crashed it. It is probably the best looking offroad worthy vehicle.

However, as much as I liked the new Bronco, I am more exited about the new F-150 and its new features as it more suitable for overlanding.

makgti

I wouldn't fear too much. They still advertise the 4.70 axle with the manual(given that 94.75 crawl ratio). Which means you can still get a manual in the badlands model. No 35s but you get lockers, the sway bar disconnect, and the suspension with 33 inch tires. So you could throw on a set of 35s and its basically the same thing. I was intially upset given i wanted a base sasquatch manual, but i'll either pony up for a black diamond(rear locker only with 33s) or a badlands model to get a manual offroader.

TwinDuro

Like many here, I'm stoked that the new Bronco has become a reality. The more I read about it the more impressed I am that Ford is building a Bronco that I feel is a true continuation of what a Bronco should be (in my humble opinion). Having body-on-frame construction, a solid rear axle, a well designed from IFS and and the optional Getrag MT88 manual transmission that has a true "granny" first gear at 6.588:1 brings a tear to my eye (hell, the NV4500 in my current 1/2 ton pickup "only" has a 6.34:1 first gear :LOL:).

I was a bit bummed to read earlier in this thread that the Sasquatch package foregoes the manual transmission. Knowing that "you can't have it all" in life, I'm glad that they're offering a package such as that for the base models, especially since it seems that based on trends across all vehicles, the automatics will probably outsell the manuals by a landslide (also my humble opinion).

A friend has the 2.7L Ecoboost V6 in his new CCSB F-150 4x4 which I've been impressed with (the torque is awesome) so the 2.3/2.7 engine options seem like a pretty good idea to me (although the old school gearhead in me wishes for a 5.0L, but it's all good).

Can't wait until the build configurator is launched so I can play around with it. A new vehicle of any type isn't in my immediate future, but it's fun to play around with the idea...

justbecause

perpetually lost
Like many here, I'm stoked that the new Bronco has become a reality. The more I read about it the more impressed I am that Ford is building a Bronco that I feel is a true continuation of what a Bronco should be (in my humble opinion). Having body-on-frame construction, a solid rear axle, a well designed from IFS and and the optional Getrag MT88 manual transmission that has a true "granny" first gear at 6.588:1 brings a tear to my eye (hell, the NV4500 in my current 1/2 ton pickup "only" has a 6.34:1 first gear :LOL:).

I was a bit bummed to read earlier in this thread that the Sasquatch package foregoes the manual transmission. Knowing that "you can't have it all" in life, I'm glad that they're offering a package such as that for the base models, especially since it seems that based on trends across all vehicles, the automatics will probably outsell the manuals by a landslide (also my humble opinion).

A friend has the 2.7L Ecoboost V6 in his new CCSB F-150 4x4 which I've been impressed with (the torque is awesome) so the 2.3/2.7 engine options seem like a pretty good idea to me (although the old school gearhead in me wishes for a 5.0L, but it's all good).

Can't wait until the build configurator is launched so I can play around with it. A new vehicle of any type isn't in my immediate future, but it's fun to play around with the idea...
I agree. I wanted to play build one. The first time I looked I got the 60 second count down screen over and over. When i looked again building a bronco wasnt an option.

Did i see that badlands is front and rear locker not 35s and is like 48 grand?

Big foot is 35s, lockers, and sway bar and can be put on any model. Did anyone see a piece for that? I dont really care for 35s, but front and rear lockers on something in the 30k range is very nice.
I wish the v8 or even a NA v6 was an option but I guess I need to get over my dislike of turbos, they are obviously the new normal and I guess I need to get over it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I agree. I wanted to play build one. The first time I looked I got the 60 second count down screen over and over. When i looked again building a bronco wasnt an option.

Big foot is 35s, lockers, and sway bar and can be put on any model. Did anyone see a piece for that? I dont really care for 35s, but front and rear lockers on something in the 30k range is very nice.
I wish the v8 or even a NA v6 was an option but I guess I need to get over my dislike of turbos, they are obviously the new normal and I guess I need to get over it.
I was able to build a Sport. But the option to build never came up for me with the full size as well.

MarcusBrody

The Badlands starts at ~$43.5k including destination for the two door. As you say, it has front and rear lockers and 33s I believe.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'd pay 44 for one.

While I'm bummed about the lack of a manual trans. I'll only be buying a Jeep/Bronco/4runner if, or when, the Mrs. needs a minivan. She'll prefer an auto. I'm not allowing a Honda Odessey in my drive way. Not that it could make it across my driveway anyways.

billiebob

The fact they offer factory 35s has nothing to do with capability. It has to do with being first manufacturer to do it. There are very few who ever need/use 35s.
For most of us 33s or smaller do everything better. For the rest of us it is all hype, marketing, peer pressure, ego.

Guaranteed the after market is gearing up to sell us a 37s and 40s package. Plus a 35s package for the 4 cylinder Bronco.
It is not so much that the 35s only come with the automatic, it is the fact the V6 does not come with a clutch.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
This might be Ford's Mustang of the present day.
Tell me the owner can delete the stop/start Ford and not just every time you fire it up?
hell Ford might just throw a vaccine in with the sale?

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
An Extremely Detailed Look Into The Ford Bronco's Engineering Designed To Take On Jeep

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94