New Bronco

justbecause

perpetually lost
It looks on the surface that Ford are actually delivering what enthusiasts want. Shocker.
I wonder if they did anything to beef up the 44s? Brakes?
35s with locked rear and front IFS are bound to break driveline, so it will be interesting to see what or how Ford deals with warranty issues when people do take them off of the beaten path.

The guy who broke the frame of his Colorado became pretty famous when gm told him the warranty was void by his actions.
I remember when jk came out jeep said no warranty for the guy who hydro locked his wrangler.
I really wouldn't expect anything differently from ford. If I owned ford stock and I found out ford was paying for peoples toys I'd be pissed.

XJLI

Adventurer
It looks on the surface that Ford are actually delivering what enthusiasts want. Shocker.
35s with locked rear and front IFS are bound to break driveline, so it will be interesting to see what or how Ford deals with warranty issues when people do take them off of the beaten path.

The rear is the same AdvanTEK 44 in the rear of the JLs, and the same M190 front axle as the Ranger and ZR2. You get the big nasty M210 front (D44 center) with the TT V6.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I think they nailed it with this thing. I've had a '72, a '78 and a '95 so I am definitely a Bronco fanboy. I'll be taking a very serious look at one after the first year model or two have worked out the kinks, maybe a MY 2023. By then I'll have around 80K on the GX and I should have derived enough enjoyment out of that platform to move on to something new. The 4-door will get my attention, but the 2-door is a looker for sure.

Smileyshaun

Observer
The only downside to a well built factory off-roader is going to be the people who have never been off-road but buy one and get horribly stuck , in situations they shouldn’t be , tearing up trails more than they should . I guess it’s kinda a two sided coin because they also could become great advocates for off-roading and being a good steward of tread lightly ..... But let’s be honest it’ll probably end up being like most jeep Rubicon’s it’ll never see a trail but a whole lot of shiny parking lot photos

jingram

Adventurer
Can't wait to see more real reviews and such when they get launched to press. I just need a little bit more rear seat room that you get in the JL and I'll be sold. I can deal with the low cargo capacity by supplementing with racks and such. I love that in typical Ford fashion, you can add the off-road pack to ANY trim. You aren't stuck with a top of the line model just to get the goodies. Pricing looks great.

Leg room according to the states is 36 inches vs the 38 in the Gladiator. What I don't know is if that is measured with seat fully extended back or set fully pulled forward. Like you, the rear leg room could be a deal breaker.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The only downside to a well built factory off-roader is going to be the people who have never been off-road but buy one and get horribly stuck , in situations they shouldn’t be , tearing up trails more than they should . I guess it’s kinda a two sided coin because they also could become great advocates for off-roading and being a good steward of tread lightly ..... But let’s be honest it’ll probably end up being like most jeep Rubicon’s it’ll never see a trail but a whole lot of shiny parking lot photos

It's a double edged sword. One side is people will use it's capability to do more damage, the other side is that nothing does more damage to a trail than a large group of rookie 2wd overlanders and open diffs and POS rides. Might actually be better for trails since only the fully locked ones will ever get near one.

85_Ranger4x4

Leg room according to the states is 36 inches vs the 38 in the Gladiator. What I don't know is if that is measured with seat fully extended back or set fully pulled forward. Like you, the rear leg room could be a deal breaker.

Rear facing carseat room for me. I just want a rural friendly family car though, I don't need anything really fancy just "moar" than a typical suburban crossover.

jingram

Adventurer
Rear facing carseat room for me. I just want a rural friendly family car though, I don't need anything really fancy just "moar" than a typical suburban crossover.
Two forward facing for me... we're in an Xterra Pro 4x now and have been shopping gladiators pretty hard because I am leaning towards something like an Alu Cab camper topper and still desperately trying to hold onto my youth and a manual transmission. Truth be told, I would probably be better off with a Power Wagon and call it a day. This thing certainly checks a lot of "I REALLY WANT" boxes for me though, lol.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The only downside to a well built factory off-roader is going to be the people who have never been off-road but buy one and get horribly stuck , in situations they shouldn’t be , tearing up trails more than they should . I guess it’s kinda a two sided coin because they also could become great advocates for off-roading and being a good steward of tread lightly .....

and perhaps in recognition of this, Ford has announced:
*Every New Ford Bronco Will Come With
a Free Off-Road Driving School*

...every Bronco and Bronco Sport Badlands will include admission to Ford's "Bronco Off-Roadeo" experience.

The program will take place at one of Ford's four off-road experience centers, which will all feature obstacle courses designed to teach off-roading fundamentals. They'll also be close to longer trailheads, giving Bronco owners the opportunity to take their trucks out on real trails with the help of experienced off-road guides. The four locations haven't been finalized, but expect them to be geographically spread for maximum convenience.

It'll be a two-day experience, with the first dedicated to fundamentals of off-roading. This'll include not only driving techniques, but also core tenets of exploration like "leave no trace" and "tread lightly." Ford knows that many Bronco owners won't have off-road experience, so they want to bring them up to speed in a closed environment with loaner vehicles so that they'll feel comfortable taking their own trucks to the trails. Community building is also a key part of this—necessary to take on Jeep's massive enthusiast support network—which is why day one also features a bonfire and lots of time for socialization.

On day two, you'll be able to pick between a more intense second day of off-roading or a "outdoor experience" day. Experience options will change based on the locations of the four experience centers, but think hiking, kayaking, or rafting.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Should cover it on a stock truck.

XJLI

Adventurer

Yup same. If it ends up over budget or too small, I’ll probably end up in a 4Runner.

XJLI

Adventurer
I think it is pitted against a F-150 in our camp.

Either way no more Edge high centered in snow for me to deal with first thing in the morning!

F150 is a great pick. I'm not a pickup guy and having been in one for the last 3.5 years I'm ready to move back to a wagon. Though its been pretty helpful with house projects, I'm just about done with the big ones for a while.

85_Ranger4x4

F150 is a great pick. I'm not a pickup guy and having been in one for the last 3.5 years I'm ready to move back to a wagon. Though its been pretty helpful with house projects, I'm just about done with the big ones for a while.

I have always had a truck (or two) and would be lost without one.

She has always wanted a truck and they cost about the same (or cheaper) as any good sized SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles