Things to hate about a 2020 Tacoma...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Let me be frank. I like our new Taco. It is a TRD Off-road Premium. It’s a great little truck. But, there are some things that are driving me nuts. For starters, it never shuts up. It beeps constantly. Door open? Beeps. Moonroof open? Beeps. Fob in your pocket and walk to tailgate? Beeps. Beep beep beeping mothereffing beep. It’s driving me crazy. Can you turn off the all the warning alarms?

Next on the list of crazy making things is the fuel light comes on with less than 15 miles until empty. I do watch my fuel, but it seems to go from 1/4 tank to 15 mikes to empty in the blink of an eye. That’s not much help. Has anyone actually figured out how much fuel is left in the tank when the light comes on? If it really is “15 miles to empty”, it must only have a one gallon reserve which is ludicrous.

Thoughts? Comments? Knowledge on how to turn off the beeping beeps or how far you can really go when the fuel light comes on?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Well, Frank, one way to get rid of all those pesky warning noises is to just disconnect the battery...

Who s Frank? I bet you’d get unreal fuel economy if you disconnect the battery too. That fuel light would NEVER come on!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It beeps constantly. Door open? Beeps. Moonroof open? Beeps. Fob in your pocket and walk to tailgate? Beeps. Beep beep beeping mothereffing beep.

This had me rolling, literally in tears. ???

That sucks, I couldn't live with that either. Hopefully you can get it turned off.

Organic

Sounds annoying - like another said definitely visit a dealer they should have a scan tool able to disable. As far as fuel range goes, you'll get more of an exact idea after calculating a full tank to low light on...then decide if an incline or decline affects it and how much. I'd also probably run it dry one day just to see how far it can be pushed :)

DCGibbs

Observer
We have a 2018 TRD Off-road, Double Cab, Short-bed. I've been happy with it, Beeps and all. We deliberately ran it past the 15 mile to empty. We think the reserve is 2 gallons. My issue is with the gearing of the Automatic transmission, wish I had a real 6 speed gearbox, and a true Over-drive. DG
added content - I have to say that I do really like the Adaptive Cruise Control.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Have they fixed the seats, or is it still rocking the old Corolla seats and seating position on the floor?

Ours is the premium. Power heated leather. Pretty comfy. Not as sporty as my ‘89 4Runner, but better than my 2014 Ram 3500.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Let me be frank. I like our new Taco. It is a TRD Off-road Premium. It’s a great little truck. But, there are some things that are driving me nuts. For starters, it never shuts up. It beeps constantly. Door open? Beeps. Moonroof open? Beeps. Fob in your pocket and walk to tailgate? Beeps. Beep beep beeping mothereffing beep. It’s driving me crazy. Can you turn off the all the warning alarms?

Next on the list of crazy making things is the fuel light comes on with less than 15 miles until empty. I do watch my fuel, but it seems to go from 1/4 tank to 15 mikes to empty in the blink of an eye. That’s not much help. Has anyone actually figured out how much fuel is left in the tank when the light comes on? If it really is “15 miles to empty”, it must only have a one gallon reserve which is ludicrous.

Thoughts? Comments? Knowledge on how to turn off the beeping beeps or how far you can really go when the fuel light comes on?
I just wish they'd get their seats off the floor. They're like sitting in a low beach chair in soft sand. No stop/start nonsense yet,eh?
San Diego's got a zillion of them loaded to the gills with racks,RTT's traction mats.hi-lifts Rotopaks on and on and they're immaculate. Not a scratch. I know you use yours up there but here it's a lot bucks to drive around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles