INEOS Grenadier

soflorovers

A B58 in a Defender style vehicle would be neat. I just hope this vehicle isn’t super ugly. Some of the spy shots I saw of the actual body look like a uglier 463 g wagon.
I just drove a New Defender with the new P400 Ingenium straight six. If you had blindfolded me, I would've thought it was BMW powered based on sound alone.

T-Willy

At first blush... I love it. It's beautiful and utilitarian.

Its design language suggests an updated and slightly softened Defender 110, and a hint of G300 in the sloping nose. More important are the fundamentals--a purposeful, capable, body-on-frame, beam-axled, barn-doored modern utility wagon.

Have we seen payload spec? An early article claimed that they'd aimed well north of a ton, but I've seen nothing of late.

And starting around $45K USD / 40K Euros, so they claim, which I think is actually possible for down spec.

Edit: Correction, that's 40K pounds, so $50K USD

Last edited:

T-Willy

Look. The New Defender that Land Rover was not capable of designing.

I wonder what random excuses the brand blind folks will come up with.

I really like the new Defender, and I think Land Rover deserves immense credit for bringing such a uniquely capable vehicle to market. And without taking away any of that, it's also obvious that Grenadier is continuing a design heritage that Land Rover chose to cede.

Pub debates about this must be spectacular in England; I'd like to be in on one of those.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
I really like the new Defender, and I think Land Rover deserves immense credit for bringing such a uniquely capable vehicle to market. And without taking away any of that, it's also obvious that Grenadier is continuing a design heritage that Land Rover chose to cede.

Pub debates about this must be spectacular in England; I'd like to be in on one of those.

I suspect it'll be along the lines of:
"Did you see that Townie F'wit in their Land Rover Defender who thinks they're all country now?"
"No, but did you see the one in that Ineos thing who thought they were more country than the Defender driver?"
"Which do you reckon is better, the Isuzu DMax, Toyota Hilux, Nissan Navara or the Ford Ranger?"
"Well, I broke my DMax idling it around the field, so the diesel in that is crap, the Hilux is too expensive, the Nissans Rust, and that leaves the Ford"

mpinco

Expedition Leader

"......Ineos will design factory-fit options and aftermarket kit for the Grenadier but isn’t shy about making it ‘open-source’ so other equipment makers can produce add-ons to suit.

“Every owner’s use for their vehicle will be different,” said Heilmann, “and we’re very happy with that.”....
."

The diametric opposite of Gerry McGovern who hates the aftermarket. This is where LR fails while Grenadier will succeed. It is why Jeep sales far outstrip LR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles