Guess who's back!?! Atl-atl's K5 Blazer + Four Wheel Camper "The Crawlin Cabin" documentation thread!

jgaz

Adventurer
I really love this thread!
All your pictures bring back so many memories.

I was a mechanic in a Chevrolet dealer from 1976 until 1985. Worked on soooooo many of the C and K truck interiors, wiring, doors, steering columns, etc. While looking at your pictures I know just what tools to grab and where all the screws are located.

I wish I still had my wiring diagram collection, I’d send one to you. Chevrolet used to put their wiring diagrams and electrical info in a separate manual for the complete car line and another for the trucks. These were separate from the regular service manual.

That radio looks sweet! Very stealth for all the features it provides.

Im reading your whole thread now.

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Nice, ill check them out. Oreillys definitely seems to be the best of the "fast" auto parts stores.

Not sure what part of town you are in but Tom K is the go to guy for 67-72 and I think most square body parts.
He has tons of used and new for way less than LMC or anyone else
480-241-1318
Tell him 1 Leg Lance sent ya :)
Keep that thing going, great stocker.

Oh and after all the work I did on my 70 Burb I can say that an EFI setup will make a huge difference quickly....and a motor swap is always way way more work than you think.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
I really love this thread!
All your pictures bring back so many memories.

I was a mechanic in a Chevrolet dealer from 1976 until 1985. Worked on soooooo many of the C and K truck interiors, wiring, doors, steering columns, etc. While looking at your pictures I know just what tools to grab and where all the screws are located.

I wish I still had my wiring diagram collection, I’d send one to you. Chevrolet used to put their wiring diagrams and electrical info in a separate manual for the complete car line and another for the trucks. These were separate from the regular service manual.

That radio looks sweet! Very stealth for all the features it provides.

Im reading your whole thread now.

What a great story! Glad I could conjure up some happy memories for you. Ive definitely already created some for myself already with this rig.

Not sure what part of town you are in but Tom K is the go to guy for 67-72 and I think most square body parts.
He has tons of used and new for way less than LMC or anyone else
480-241-1318
Tell him 1 Leg Lance sent ya :)
Keep that thing going, great stocker.

Oh and after all the work I did on my 70 Burb I can say that an EFI setup will make a huge difference quickly....and a motor swap is always way way more work than you think.

Thank you very much for the info and generous offer! Got your PM also. Im in North Phoenix but not for long. Doesn't really matter anyway, I like to drive ha. Im skipping right past the EFI setup and going straight to LS. Ive already got it lined up and paid for the parts. I will likely be dropping it off for a shop to do the heavy lifting since my house closes on the 8th and I want it done correctly but also quickly so I can get back to using it for camping and mountain biking. I want to be able to get in, turn the key and drive across the country without a second thought. Plus my brother has a matching 70s vintage canary yellow ski boat that he wants me to have. I just need to be able to drive to Grand Lake CO to snag it and get it back to AZ.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
@Atl-atl well if you need a place to work on your rig after the house sells (depending on the new digs) let me know..
I don't have a garage but I do have a concrete slab and plenty of tools :)

Atl-atl

Adventurer
@Atl-atl well if you need a place to work on your rig after the house sells (depending on the new digs) let me know..
I don't have a garage but I do have a concrete slab and plenty of tools :)

Wow, thank you! Want to do an LS swap with me? hahaha. Ill let you know what happens, I genuinely appreciate the offer.

D

Deleted member 374434BT

A quadrajet. Great carb for anyone who can do 15 minutes worth of reading about its function. Looks like you have vacuum issues to deal with first by that picture.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
A quadrajet. Great carb for anyone who can do 15 minutes worth of reading about its function. Looks like you have vacuum issues to deal with first by that picture.

Im going to act like that wasn't a passive aggressive jab at me and say that I did read about it and research a little and use first hand help from people across multiple forums and attempt to learn on my own through process of elimination working on the carb and I still have the same issue Ive always had, which is most likely vaporlock. Also it turns out to be a remanufactured carburetor which has questionable quality/performance, at best. Ill be switching to a modern drivetrain so I dont have to deal with vaporlock any longer. Thanks for your incredibly helpful comment. :rolleyes:

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Well, since I was prompted that a reply was made to this thread and then edited and then deleted (dont worry I got a screenshot, you know who you are) I guess Ill post up...

Haven't done any work to the Blazer because I spent the last week moving and closed on the sale of my house today. Im officially (somewhat, temporarily) homeless so the Blazer is parked on the street at the moment. On a positive note, I should be making my way to Colorado to pick up the LS this weekend. On another positive note, one of my best friends and camping/offroading buddies is married to my Realtor. They got me a "congrats for selling your house" gift hahaha. Its a hand painted picture of my Blazer that you might recognize because its based off a picture he took on its inaugural camping trip! One of the coolest gifts Ive ever gotten.

I did manage to order new kick panels with speakers built in, some other misc. parts and new carpet Im excited to get the carpet in and some other stuff done so I can get the seats/headliner/door pockets reupholstered. I think Im going to have them professionally done. I dont have the space or the time to do that stuff myself right now. I dont even know where Im going to put the LS and trans when I get it back to AZ. My storage unit is completely full.

50092593036_04fd12c615_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior