A Southern M416

HendersonJL

Fantastic!!! I really like what you did to the trailer! For my part, I have 95% finished with the frame and currently just staring at the tub (ha!). The tub on my trailer is is much worse shape than yours. I hope to get started on it next week.

I really like the tailgate and the lid!!

The rack is now mounted on the trailer. The rack is composed of the "No Weld Trailer Rack Towers" and "No Weld Rack Cross Bars" from Compact Camping Concepts (compactcampingstore.com). As their website warns, these rack parts do require measuring, marking, drilling and painting of the metal pieces so it's not just a simple bolt on rack like Thule, Frontrunner or similar racks, but I like the fact that it is designed for M416 and similar trailers and I think it looks nicer than what I could fabricate myself. I have a Tepui Ayer two-man tent in the garage that should be mounted to the rack in the next couple of days. I spaced the cross bars 36 inches apart. That's narrow enough for my two-man tent, but far enough apart that I could upgrade to a three-man Tepui tent in the future if I decide this one is not large enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
The basic trailer is now complete and usable with the Tepui tent mounted on the rack. I still have other accessories that I plan to add to the trailer like the aforementioned tongue box and electrical bits. I also have a Rotopax mount I plan to put on one of the sides and will also probably mount a 5lb propane tank behind one of the fenders. But for now I will have to wait for some cooler weather to give it a test run; it's way too hot and humid in the South right now to even think about wanting to sleep outside.

Attachments

• IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke