The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Rock Toy

Can someone please measure the handle bolt pattern on their CFX and send me the measurements? Vertical spacing between the handle bolts and the horizontal spacing. I need to buy handles for CF series fridge and if the spacs are the same as the CFX ones, I would rather go with the spring loaded handles off the CFX. Thanks in advance.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
No and never and answer from Dometic either.
Have you tried to speak to our friend and member here on the forum, They have always helped out in the past ? And they are one of us so they understand more than someone on the end of a phone ??

Just a thought (y)

Rock Toy

Can someone please measure the handle bolt pattern on their CFX and send me the measurements? Vertical spacing between the handle bolts and the horizontal spacing. I need to buy handles for CF series fridge and if the spacs are the same as the CFX ones, I would rather go with the spring loaded handles off the CFX. Thanks in advance.

Just bumping this. Anyone have a fridge that they can measure for me quickly? I would be forever grateful.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I'd replied to @Rock Toy via private message. Given we've all be working remotely, and our older product stash is at HQ, we've not had anyone that could measure this for us and see if they are close. Sorry that I can't provide better info right now but I don't have access to any engineering drawings that might shed some light on the bolt pattern.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Rock Toy

I'd replied to @Rock Toy via private message. Given we've all be working remotely, and our older product stash is at HQ, we've not had anyone that could measure this for us and see if they are close. Sorry that I can't provide better info right now but I don't have access to any engineering drawings that might shed some light on the bolt pattern.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

I have the specs on the older fridge, because I have one. I was looking for specs on the new ones. Doesn't really matter because I went ahead and ordered the CFX handles regardless. I'll make it work.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I have the specs on the older fridge, because I have one. I was looking for specs on the new ones. Doesn't really matter because I went ahead and ordered the CFX handles regardless. I'll make it work.

Sorry...I definitely made that confusing. I was meant to say that the CF50 and CFX models are in the office and we can't easily access them. Most of the team has the CFX3 units now and the chassis and other elements are a bit different.

Let us know how the retrofit goes and post up some photos if you have time.

Again, sorry for the confusion!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Diesel44

My CFX65DZ has stopped working on 12Vdc. I tested the cord end and found 13.5 Vdc. I brought the unit inside and tried 120Vac and it works fine. Any suggestions as to what to check next?

Diesel44

My CFX65DZ has stopped working on 12Vdc. I tested the cord end and found 13.5 Vdc. I brought the unit inside and tried 120Vac and it works fine. Any suggestions as to what to check next?
Fixed my issue by replacing the cheap power outlet (cigarette lighter outlet) with an ARB power outlet. Darn volt drop!

smcparland

Ok. Hoping for some troubleshooting on this. Here is the layout. I have a CFX65DZ, purchased awhile ago, but never taken out of the box until recently. In my vehicle i have an Optima YellowTop D35 Battery, approximately 2 years old. I purchased the ARB fridge wiring kit which runs 10AWG wire to the back of my SUV, with the locking plug. Filled the fridge with water bottles, had it chilling inside my house on 110V for a day or so to get down to 30 degree setting (on the DZ the actual internal temperature is higher then that, i have also taken all of the partitions out).

Maiden voyage, I move the fridge to the vehicle, turn the vehicle on, drive to run some errands and get back to my house at around 6PM so that i can test life overnight before a camping trip we are on. I also have a BT battery voltage meter that i can monitor. Long story short, the fridge engaged its safety shutoff at about 1AM . . . so only 7 hours of running off of the battery.

Here's some data. When parked the voltage on my battery was reading as 12.8. I could see on the graphing that the compressor on the fridge was turning on once every 10 minutes because it would pull the voltage down about .2 volts while running and then pop back up. by the time the fridge shut off approximately at 1AM the battery was down to 12.3ish volts. Good news is my truck started up no problem this morning. However . . . i'm trying to figure out why i couldn't make it past 7 hours on this battery?

i have charts, and graphs from the BT meter as needed to reflect this. Any recommendations?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Voltage reading...

When you use a meter to short across a circuit to read voltage, you are creating a short circuit and reading the voltage of that short circuit.

Say you put your bluetooth voltage meter directly connected to the battery. Say it shows whatever...12.5v. That's the voltage of the battery/meter circuit. That is NOT the voltage of the battery/#10 wire/fridge circuit.

Inverters will shut down at say 10.5v. People get confused and think something's wrong with the inverter when their battery connected meter shows 11.5v...but their inverter shuts down. Well, there is no additional 1v voltage drop on the battery/meter circuit, but there is on the battery/wire/inverter circuit.

Try measuring the actual fridge circuit (or as much of it as you can anyway) by shorting across that circuit somewhere on the actual circuit - while under load. It won't do any good the measure the pins of the fridge plug with fridge unplugged...no load, no voltage drop. Better to measure the plug at the backside where the wires connect, so you can watch what happens when the fridge is connected and the compressor running.

You might find that the fridge circuit voltage is dropping low enough to trigger a low-voltage shutdown...even though the battery meter is showing a higher voltage.

Also keep in mind that voltage drop is based on three variables; supply voltage, resistance, and load. So as the battery voltage (supply voltage) goes down, the voltage drop will increase. Measuring the drop with the battery at 100%, doesn't tell you how much drop there is when the battery is at 50%.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Sadly this happened again!!!
Mate there is no quick fix for the Dometic CFX3 range of fridges, They have a design fault and you can not plug in both power sources at the same time, Dometic's quick fix idea is to put a sticker on the new ones they sell warning you not to connect both power sources at the same time which defeats the object of buying one in the first place, Every other fridge on the market does not have this issue so you need to send it back and get a refund and buy one that does work as intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94