Camp Tables - What are you using?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I thought I posted my DIY folding camp table...but I guess not so here it is:
I fabbed it almost 6-years ago...used honeycomb aluminum, laminate edge & top, aluminum legs with 4" height adjustment at each leg & air cylinder struts. Weighs 17lbs...and has been so useful I couldn't imagine not having it today. If I made another, I'd just forgo the laminate edge & top...

Almerte

We use something like this one, I believe it is a sewing table
1592559997627.png

We pasted it with plastic membrane and I find it a really functional way to use it every season.

86scotty

Cynic
80 posts and this wicked beast hasn’t been mentioned yet?

ALPS Mountaineering guide table.

The top is a vinyl covered multi fold which lays out to cover a truck tailgate perfectly if you have one, or covers most of any picnic table for a quick tailgate session (without the legs). Vinyl covered so it wipes down quick and easy.

This is, as it says, a guide table. It’s designed for food prep. It’s big and sturdy with adjustable feet and legs for any angle or height from like 2’ to 5’, very low or very high. It’s less than $100. Packs in to a bag about the size of a medium tent. It is heavy, about #25 I guess. It eats all the other outdoor tables for breakfast.
Plus, it looks like a headless AT-AT.

cd6ade7f27e94b02c7e446dea47cac0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

outback97

Adventurer
We use something like this one, I believe it is a sewing table

We pasted it with plastic membrane and I find it a really functional way to use it every season.

I may be mistaken, but I doubt you use that as a camping table. Based on your link I think you're just posting for SEO purposes.

But please share some photos of it in use as a camping table. I'd love to see this 50 pound bulky table with tiny caster wheels meant for smooth surfaces used for camping.

We have one of those aluminum roll top ones. It's pretty good, if a little flimsy, but it can be a little awkward to sit at the table. It's mostly used for food prep rather than sitting down to eat there.

Sometimes we'll just use an action packer or other plastic tote sitting on the ground next to some lowrider camp chairs rather than a table for sitting it.

Attachments

• camptable.PNG
    camptable.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
80 posts and this wicked beast hasn’t been mentioned yet?

ALPS Mountaineering guide table.

The top is a vinyl covered multi fold which lays out to cover a truck tailgate perfectly if you have one, or covers most of any picnic table for a quick tailgate session (without the legs). Vinyl covered so it wipes down quick and easy.

This is, as it says, a guide table. It’s designed for food prep. It’s big and sturdy with adjustable feet and legs for any angle or height from like 2’ to 5’, very low or very high. It’s less than $100. Packs in to a bag about the size of a medium tent. It is heavy, about #25 I guess. It eats all the other outdoor tables for breakfast.
Plus, it looks like a headless AT-AT.

cd6ade7f27e94b02c7e446dea47cac0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely love mine and have had it in use for the last 4 years with no issues other than losing a screw that holds on one of the feet. I just replaced it with another sheet metal screw of the same size from the hardware store and wahlah!

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
I may be mistaken, but I doubt you use that as a camping table. Based on your link I think you're just posting for SEO purposes.

But please share some photos of it in use as a camping table. I'd love to see this 50 pound bulky table with tiny caster wheels meant for smooth surfaces used for camping.

I don't know why you doubt this guy. Here's what I bring (for shorter trips, mind you):

Big table.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Another great and adjustable option from Lifetime. A quick Amazon search for "Lifetime filet tables" also shows up a ton of other table options with wash stations.

View attachment 577800

Lifetime Filet Table

Lifetime table is a 4 footer folding option and weighs about 21lbs which is not light by any means but......these Brand tables are in my garage and such and excellent quality and durable.
I got the first one, seems solid enough and having 3 height settings is really useful,

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
A retired friend of mine, who makes furniture and accessories out of wine barrels, has also been making some these very nice sturdy bamboo camp tables. I thinks he’s been selling them for @ $125.00 plus shipping, but I don’t think the below website is active any more.

272AF77F-88EB-4890-9A92-5898894675AF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles