DIY storage and kitchen galley advice

mindfield

Hey all! Brand new to all of this but very excited to be apart of such a great platform.
I am wondering if anyone has advice on or any links with information and possibly even build designs for a drawer set up
in the back of my JK wrangler unlimited. open to any and all advice

thank you!

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Your question is too broad to answer easily. How to you plan to use it? Jeeps evolve with you. Will you have a fridge? Other power needs? Keep or ditch the back seats? Have dogs? Sleep inside? Camp in bear country?

Then, what to make it out of? Buy or build? Wood? Steel? 80/20? Fabric?

Personally I bent some tube steel to make an expanded metal cargo tray that slides out with my fridge on it, and a fixed shelf above that, but I have to use the back seats and don’t try to sleep inside.

I would suggest you skim around the Jeep sub forum and the storage sub forum (the show us your storage thread is great).

No matter what, I recommend LED strip lights along the bottom of your rear glass.

But... the place I’ve learned the most is actually camping with some of the people on the forum and seeing how they use their rigs.

youtube has some things, too. sometimes it helps to decide what you do not want, and then the subsequent decisions become easier.

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles