Looking for a non made in china snatch block, Any recommendations?

A buddy and mine are looking to buy snatch blocks, running max 10k winches. We would like to find something not made in china. Preferably something usa, australia, uk.

Is there anything actually out there? I dont really wanna lug a big ol crosby around. I'm not interested in the snatch rings.

Was looking into the rings last night, there is a guy that did a test, you are losing 69% of your pulling power with those vs 5% when going through a snatch block.

This guy did a load cel test. Quite a nice video.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Was looking into the rings last night, there is a guy that did a test, you are losing 69% of your pulling power with those vs 5% when going through a snatch block.

This guy did a load cel test. Quite a nice video.

That test has been dis-proven multiple times now. Any test that says just running the line around a shackle has the least friction should give anyone pause.....

I've been using the snatch ring concept for a few years now. There is no noticeable 'extra' friction or 'heat' in the system.

Alloy

Snatch rings are useful.....with limitations.

- They have to be babied. This is the proper way to used them. Off the ground, away from dirt/debris. Notice he is using straps and not extending (reduced pulling power) the winch line to the full lengh.

Keep the soft shackle and ring stored separately so dngs/dent don't damage the coating. Dirt/sand in the soft shacked and falling off the winch line will scrape/sand the coating off.

The efficiency/heat is subject to combination of coatings on the soft shackle / snatch ring so don't randomly swap out the soft shackle .

I'll always keep a pulley on hand.

CampStewart

Observer
Bravo to the OP the world would be a better place if there were more like you. I thought the ARB 20,000 were made in Aus but could not find that info on their website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz