Should you still buy a Fuso in North America?

Should you still buy a Fuso in North America?

• Total voters

Timoteus

Mitsubishi Press release from May 27th stated that they will phase out sales of Fuso Chassis in North America.
I have been looking into buying a Fuso 4x4 for a while now and after reading this I am questioning myself about doing this.
  1. Would it be better to go for a different vehicle and if so what would you guys recommend?
  2. If not what do people think about this vehicle from B.C. Canada (please excuse my lack of knowledge):
    • 2012 MITSUBISHI FUSO FGB72S
    • 6 Spd Automatic
    • 67,605 KMS
    • 4WD
    • $32,500* (CAD) + tax and licensing

fuso.jpg

tdferrero

What would change by them continuing sales stateside? It would be no different than buying any other used car, so why wouldn't you buy one?

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
For those of us here with Mitsu SUV’s that are 10, 20 or 30 years old, post “phase out”, it hasn’t meant much. Buy it. You’ve got decades before it would be a problem imo.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Buying New Or Used?

You show a used Fuso so I suspect you are only considering used.

I would definitely be concerned if buying a Fuso new. Buying a Fuso used not so much as these trucks have been in NA for years therefore the availability of new, reconditioned and/or used parts for these vehicles should not change much if at all.

Buy it and party on!

billiebob

Mitsubishi Press release from May 27th stated that they will phase out sales of Fuso Chassis in North America.
I have been looking into buying a Fuso 4x4 for a while now and after reading this I am questioning myself about doing this.
  1. Would it be better to go for a different vehicle and if so what would you guys recommend?
  2. If not what do people think about this vehicle from B.C. Canada (please excuse my lack of knowledge):
    • 2012 MITSUBISHI FUSO FGB72S
    • 6 Spd Automatic
    • 67,605 KMS
    • 4WD
    • $32,500* (CAD) + tax and licensing

View attachment 591314
the part that kills it for me is the committment for factory dealer support only for 5 years. YES definitely look at something else which is still sold and serviced at home.

That said, and in anticipation of the difficulties getting parts and service offer 50%. You need to decide how much of a gamble you want to take regarding future depreciation and the seller needs a reality check on the change that just occurred.

Isuzu makes a great truck which is pretty common in western Canada.

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
If I need a garbage truck, milk truck, or tabloid paper delivery truck for a tight city? Maybe.

If I'm going cabover crazy, I'm getting one of these and putting a little TT on it's back:
2902059_10_0_0001-nowater.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Way too many issues with the Fuso platform anyway... I hear about them almost on a daily basis...
The selection for suitable truck chassis is getting slim in North America, especially when you want some creature comforts.
I encurage everyone to have a closer look at the Transit cab chassis. The options and support across North America you are getting is pretty sweet. The purchasing pricing of less than a Tacoma is nothing to ignore either.
In any case, ours keeps impressing us with a very comfortable ride, easy cruising at 120km/h (70miles/H) and car like feeling. Granted the ground clearance is not to compare with an LMTV but hey, our fuel bill and tire purchases won't break the bank :)

Transit camping 01.jpg

billiebob

Way too many issues with the Fuso platform anyway... I hear about them almost on a daily basis...
Your comments would be better received if you got away from criticism of everything you don't agree with. I read your posts and say I'll never look at anything from Total Composites.

The rest of your post is on the money.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Your comments would be better received if you got away from criticism of everything you don't agree with. I read your posts and say I'll never look at anything from Total Composites.

The rest of your post is on the money.

Sorry you feel that way. I say what I think and believe (hopefully in a polite way). 99% of my responses here on the forum are based on personal experience through 35 years in the expedition truck industry. I hate seeing people making the same expensive mistakes. At no time did I ever intent to offend anyone.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles