Opinion on used Toyota Tundra

tacollie

Glamper
Seems kind of high to me. I don't like drop bracket lifts. Ask the seller if they still have the original intake.

MTVR

Is the title clean, or is it flagged. What cab is that? What bed length? Did you book it on Kelley Blue Book website to see what it's actually worth?

All that stuff he put on it doesn't add anything to the truck's actual value.

Until it's booked, all we can do is guess, but I'm guessing he's asking about $10,000 more than it's actually worth...

Last edited:

MTVR

If that is the Double Cab SR5, if the title is clean, if that's actually the 5.7 and not the 4.7, as near as I can tell from KBB, it's worth about $10,000...

Last edited:

MTVR

Hopped-up 400hp engine, plus trailer brake controller plus oversized 35" tires, plus 120K miles, plus no maintenance records, means that expensive automatic transmission has probably not lived an easy life.

MTVR

Highly-waxed 12 year old high-mile modified black vehicle with an asking price of roughly twice as much as it's actually worth, with window tint, blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, no front license plate, numerous stickers, and countless minor add-ons (many of which feature a skull motif), offered for sale by a guy that cannot spell the word "brake" = meth...

rruff

Explorer
If that is the Double Cab SR5, if the title is clean, if that's actually the 5.7 and not the 4.7, as near as I can tell from KBB, it's worth about $11,000...

But for some reason you won't find any for sale close to that price. 100k mile Tundras are nearly always >$20k. This one is a 2008 though which is going to hurt it somewhat, even if it's been covered and in a rust free environment.

Are their harms of having the aftermarket intake?

I wouldn't worry about that. They usually just don't do anything but make noise.

Still think you might be better off looking for a new one. See what you'd have to pay anyway, to get the specs you want. This truck might be ok but is not ideal for you... so make sure it's cheap if you do buy it.

MTVR

But for some reason you won't find any for sale close to that price. 100k mile Tundras are nearly always >$20k.

KBB numbers are derived from actual selling prices. If the asking price is twice what a vehicle is worth, then they're not looking for a buyer- they're looking for a sucker.

tacollie

Glamper
KBB has nothing to do with the actual market value. A $11000 dollar tundra with that low of miles would be 2wd and a ******** box. I'm always leary of modified trucks. I bought an $18k completely stock truck and dropped $4500 into it in aftermarket and maintenance.

MTVR

KBB has nothing to do with the actual market value.

As I stated, KBB numbers are derived from actual vehicle sales- what could possibly be more relevant to actual market value?

Simply being a fan of a particular vehicle and "wanting" it to be worth more, doesn't mean that it's actually worth more...

tacollie

Glamper
As I stated, KBB numbers are derived from actual vehicle sales- what could possibly be more relevant to actual market value?

Simply being a fan of a particular vehicle and "wanting" it to be worth more, doesn't mean that it's actually worth more...
I've only bought and sold around 10 vehicles. A dealership cut us a check for our frontier for $2500 over KBB. It had been wrecked twice. I had it on Craigslist, it wasn't a trade. A dealer was going to buy our last Tacoma for $4k over KBB but we ended up selling it to a friend. Every vehicle I have sold has been for several thousand over KBB. If you sell a vehicle based on KBB you are throwing money away. My only disclaimer is I live in a state with high vehicle prices. We are shopping for F250s and we can save ~$5k if we fly and buy. KBB has a reputation of being low for a reason.

That being said I think that Tundra is priced high.

rruff

Explorer

Then it should be easy for you to find loads of better values for sale. Why don't you help the OP out and do a little searching, and post up those bargains?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Asking cause I'm not familiar with KBB. But, what selling price is it based on? Wholesale or retail?

Here (Canada) dealers / wholesalers use our Black Book to get an idea of what to pay for a car at auction. Many time though, the book did not reflect the prices vehicle sold for.

If KBB is used for a similar purpose, that could be why it always appears low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier