2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

smokeysevin

Observer
I was expecting the same thing to happen since I couldn’t run hub centric on my 1st gen runner

I think you need the 13WL brake setup. Maybe the rotor is thicker pushing everything further out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am using the later model tundra calipers 05-06 but not the gx/4runner rotor/caliper setup. I can't remember the casting number off the top of my head.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I am using the later model tundra calipers 05-06 but not the gx/4runner rotor/caliper setup. I can't remember the casting number off the top of my head.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I’m not using GX setup either. Mine is factory 13WL

coastiehawk

It’s been great so far. I haven’t seen it hit yet.

Hoping to start taking orders on roof rack kits soon.

So I contacted Fox about the brake line issue and they were less than helpful. Basically if it starts making contact and I send them pics they might send me some different spring perchs. With that said I decided to take the chance and went ahead with the install of the Fox 2.5's with the 700# springs, not sure if I just had the crappy Toytec's jacked up way to high, but I definitely last some ride height which I was not expecting. The ride is amazing compared to what I had, but it seems like I am rubbing quite a bit more than before. I also still need to get the alignment done which could help with the rubbing, but just want to get the ride height worked out first though. Curious as to what your current ride height is and how much threads you have showing on top?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Ah, I was mixed up, my bad.

Not sure how to account for the different spacing then since I am using the same caliper and rotor.

Sean

Yeah I’m not sure. The only thing I could think of would be the rotor center thickness.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
So I contacted Fox about the brake line issue and they were less than helpful. Basically if it starts making contact and I send them pics they might send me some different spring perchs. With that said I decided to take the chance and went ahead with the install of the Fox 2.5's with the 700# springs, not sure if I just had the crappy Toytec's jacked up way to high, but I definitely last some ride height which I was not expecting. The ride is amazing compared to what I had, but it seems like I am rubbing quite a bit more than before. I also still need to get the alignment done which could help with the rubbing, but just want to get the ride height worked out first though. Curious as to what your current ride height is and how much threads you have showing on top?

I don’t do how much thread is showing. It’s a little harder to get exact settings doing it this way. Just measure how tall your springs are with no weight also known as installed length. My springs installed length is 14”. Basically 2” of preload. My trucks height isn’t a concern for me. The rear isn’t as adjustable and varies a little depending on loadout. With that said I adjust my front to have slight rake so when fully loaded. I’m leveled and raked when unloaded.

coastiehawk

Thanks for the reply! After some more conversations with Fox and Poly Performance, I have it dialed in. DS has an installed spring length of about 14.25" and the PS is at about 14.5" Still has a little bit of the DS lean, but both Fox and Poly Performance recommended not going above 2" of pre-load because the ride will get much harsher and you might start to get coil bind. Wasn't as concerned with the overall height as much as the additional tire rub I was getting after the install. After the alignment and thanks to @Kpack and his luck with the road force balancing, she is riding real nice!! Only some slight rubbing on the DS frame at full lock. Now I just need to remember to check on those brake lines every so often to make sure its not making contact. Going to run it like this for awhile and see how it does. Hitting some local trails this weekend. Which will probably throw of my balance! LOL! Thanks for all the help!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Photos from last weeks trip.
54f98d9360b479b3f27d59e46bd0876b.jpg

36ea3edb95d890a248a0286a8e9fbf35.jpg

90556a4a72ba79bb4f2b3edfb6f239c8.jpg

f636cb732b8803d6bed3e39cadb5207f.jpg

8134f78b71b74bc902ae289fbb3e632f.jpg

21de577e78d7fceb527ba32197683063.jpg

b2d4b4564630810c2fef8cf47cbcde71.jpg

75a7a1aac7b994733668b49652c4f6cc.jpg