Factory M416 lights

blu76bronco

Has any one gutted the factory tail lights on an M416 trailer and went back in with super bright leds. and a 12v wiring harnes. I like the look of the factory tail lights but the factory wiring is all to pieces even inside the light housings. Any ides would be greately appriciated as I'd like to keep using these lights!

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Just change the bulbs. Wiring is all the same, I.e. no 24v wire. Putting 12v bulbs in the holder will produce the correct light as long as it’s hooked to a 12v power supply. Patch any part of the harness that’s bad.

blu76bronco

I came across a post on here a few weeks ago where someone gutted the factory lights and bought some harbor frieight trailers lights. Gutted the leds out of them and put them into the factory tail light housing with a big C-clip holding everything in. I may follow this idea as I'd like to keep everything looking original.

Boston90

I am also interested in this. The lights on my trailer (which I've removed and stored) are in tough shape so I replaced them with some crappy/cheap LEDs but would love to update and reinstall the originals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles