The Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

TantoTrailers

I know a groomed trail when I see one so that would be a dead giveaway but wouldn't be fun trying to turn my trailer around haha! Great link, I really want to give this a try in colder months.

TantoTrailers

Hey guys, I am interested in making a run on the trail sometime soon, how is it up there? Any flooding or closures to be aware of? Covid restrictions?

DanR7985

Observer
I just finished it Saturday. I was a good time.

I have noticed that there are no decals for it so I took some time and made a design. It may not be perfect or 100% exact, but it looks good to me. If anyone wants a copy of it feel free to use it. I hope to get a small decal made soon.

Here's my truck at the end of the trail overlooking Lake Superior.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
a7f258039fc5ef544034508d8b6404fd.jpg
8913e2b8d80a0832526147c238f73c2e.jpg

Last edited:

DanR7985

Observer
I have no idea. You'd probably need to talk to someone from there. There was already about 4 inches on the ground maybe an hour south of the end though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
Hitting the trail this week running south to north. Using GAIA with TWAT Overland download. Look for my rig and flag me down if you see me and a bunch of ADV bikes I am playing sherpa for.

kmacafee

Adventurer
Such a great trail. I did it on a very hot week and crossing over that last hill to Lake Superior dropped the temp 20 degrees.

Personally, I found the scenery through the southern section as it crossed thru the Driftless much prettier and more interesting.

rcrfc

Hitting the trail this week running south to north. Using GAIA with TWAT Overland download. Look for my rig and flag me down if you see me and a bunch of ADV bikes I am playing sherpa for.

Please post pics and write up when you’re done. It’s on my to do list as it starts in my back yard. Especially interested in the route the 4 wheel vehicles take compared to the 2 wheel vehicles and the pace of each.

I’d like to do the TWAT on my CRF450l while my wife drives our gen 3 Cummins with pop up in support with the kids. I think a family affair would be cool, but not sure of how technical the trail is for 4 wheeled vehicles vs 2 wheeled and how this effects the pace of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles