2017 F150 with XPTray truck tray -- Refreshed Ad

woodsdoc

Refreshed the Ad to keep current

I'm already planning the next build so I am putting this one is completed and now up for sale. The truck is a 2017 Ford F150 SuperCab 6.5' XLT with 3.5L EcoBoost engine, the Max Trailer Tow package, Voice Navigation, FX4 package and Equipment Group 302A (backup camera, backup sensors, power sliding rear window, remote start, power seats, heated seats, power adjustable pedals, etc.). It has right at 25k miles (but still being used so will go up some) on the truck as of today. Engine and drivetrain are completely stock. Rear seats were removed when new to build a platform behind the front seats but are still available for reinstall. Precision Fit seat covers on the front from new.

Added to this is a bit over $20k in upgrades (not counting labor costs)
-- XPCamper truck tray with underbed storage, rear pullout drawer, drop down sides and removable headache rack (~$12.5k)
-- ADD Stealth front bumper ($2k)
-- KMC Heist 18" wheels with 275-65-18 Duratrac tires ($2000)
-- PIAA lights - 18" hybrid bar and a pair of 3" driving cubes ($1000total)
-- Recon headlights (LED low beam/HID high beam) ($1800)
-- custom Deaver Springs in the rear with Icon shocks ($1000)
-- Firestone Air bags with Daystar cradles ($300)
-- Icon Stage 2 suspension (2.5 coilovers and tubular upper control arms with Delta joint) ($2400)
-- and lots of tidbits (grille, flares, Precision Fit seat covers, WeatherTech floor mats, etc.)

The truck tray comes with removable headache rack, drop down/removable sides, under tray tool boxes and a 6' rear pullout drawer with lid.

I still have the like new chrome stock front bumper, stock running boards, chrome grille, headlights, and floor mats which I removed when new that come with the truck.

I built this to haul a FourWheel Hawk flatbed camper, which it does well. I've driven it across the country a couple of times and it does highway speeds easily when fully loaded and handles the hills well.

The camper is NOT included in this price but I will consider a full-package deal for the right price.

Updated price is $45,000. That's based on a current KBB private party base of ~$35k for the truck and $10k (~50% of new prices without labor) for all the upgrades. There's over $65k invested in the truck as it sits so $45k seems like a reasonable asking price but I'm willing to talk about it. Truck is in far Northern California.

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpeg
    IMG_1627.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,529
  • IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,518
  • IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,431
  • IMG_2005.jpeg
    IMG_2005.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1,387
  • IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_2332.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
Really interesting, I have never seen an XP tray (or even a flatbed really) on an F150. What is the actual payload of the truck printed on the door? Was the plan to carry a V2?

woodsdoc

The door sticker has 1878lbs (if I remember correctly) as the payload. I put a FourWheel flatbed Hawk on it and the truck handles it okay though you could tell it was on there. My rationale was that if a Tundra can do it, the F150 should be able to. Heck, it's a bigger payload than the PowerWagons have on them. With the Deaver springs and air bags, it carries the load okay without any major drama. The engine is plenty strong enough, even in the hills but the fuel mileage suffers a lot when loaded up. Nice thing about the Deavers are they actually ride better than stock when the truck is empty too.

Attachments

• IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 715

adam88

Explorer
The door sticker has 1878lbs (if I remember correctly) as the payload. I put a FourWheel flatbed Hawk on it and the truck handles it okay though you could tell it was on there. My rationale was that if a Tundra can do it, the F150 should be able to. Heck, it's a bigger payload than the PowerWagons have on them. With the Deaver springs and air bags, it carries the load okay without any major drama. The engine is plenty strong enough, even in the hills but the fuel mileage suffers a lot when loaded up. Nice thing about the Deavers are they actually ride better than stock when the truck is empty too.

Nice picture. I think this would be an absolutely perfect truck for a FWC. Should sell quickly there is a demand for these types of rigs, and the XP flatbed isnt being made anymore.

B_Dub003

Nice truck! This is the first F-150 I’ve seen with an XP Camper tray. I see that you opted to not go with their bumper. I did the same and had my local fabricator build something a little different. Which tray are you planning on going with for your F-350? I’ve been really happy with my F-250/Hawk flatbed/XP tray setup! GLWS! Cheers

62514F15-0D1D-4FB4-B6D9-6B51D08FCCD0.jpeg

woodsdoc

Nice truck! This is the first F-150 I’ve seen with an XP Camper tray. I see that you opted to not go with their bumper. I did the same and had my local fabricator build something a little different. Which tray are you planning on going with for your F-350? I’ve been really happy with my F-250/Hawk flatbed/XP tray setup! GLWS! Cheers

View attachment 585342

That's a nice looking rig and kind of in line with what I had in mind with one of the new trucks with the Tremor package. I do wish they'd offer it on the SuperCab though, I like the shorter wheelbase. For the new truck (whenever I figure it out), I had planned on either a Norweld or a one-off from a custom builder over in Oroville. I had thought about re-using the flatbed I have but I don't think it scales up correctly to the SuperDuty.

B_Dub003

Thanks! Yeah, I hear you on wanting a supercab for a shorter wheel base... The crewcab isn’t bad though with the short bed. Precision Welding over in Oroville? That’s who I wanted to use last Spring for my flatbed build. However Jerry told me that he no longer wanted to build custom flatbeds...

woodsdoc

Mother F!!!! If this was 4 doors I would 100% be there tomorrow.

Good luck awesome looking truck!

Thanks but yeah, it's only a door and a half on each side. I like these for the shorter wheelbase and the back area only transports the dog so it's more convenient with the 1/2 door rather than the 4-door.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Side note. What’s that front bumper??
Nm. Add. Non winch. Nice truck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94