Off Road Trailer Group Buy (M416 Style) ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyLLama

Observer
you do need a way to interface your vehicle to the trailer. I am planning on lots of off road trips so I am investing in a lock n roll hitch. various hitches have different capabilities and limitations. It is kinda based on your needs and use case.

I plan to off road with it as well, mind sharing a link of the one you purchased?

Thanks!

norcalscott

Forgot to task, why did you go with the extended 15” over the standard length?
I decided to go with the slightly longer trailer side lock and roll hitch just to give a little more clearance to the tailgate when the trailer is connected. I had asked Simon about this and he thought it was a good idea. This will provide about 8 inches more clearance, I don’t think this will cause any driveability issues.

norcalscott

I'm debating the same question.
I'm leaning towards going with the matching rims (already have those) and slightly smaller and less aggressive tires on the trailer.
I have a 34" Ridge Grappler on my Jeep, probably will do 33" Terra Grapplers on the trailer since they're way cheaper, much lighter and have less rolling resistance. Still would be able to use 34" spare on the trailer in case I need it.
I have the same Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep and don’t think those are needed on the trailer. I’m also looking at the Terra Grapplers but may just go with the Crosswinds that @cycleman4 posted a picture of in further back in this thread. Great price and good reviews. I’m getting the spare tire carrier so will just get 3 and figure in a pinch I could use it or my Jeep spare interchangeably. I’m using my take off Jeep wheels for the trailer.

norcalscott

@norcalscott Do you mind posting a link of which make/model receiver you purchased?
Sure, here is the Amazon link for the vehicle side: Amazon Link PN501 Here is the link for the trailer side: Amazon Link PN 520

They were shipped from the manufacturer, took a couple of weeks. These are really nice and have been improved since the early models had some binding up issues or something like that. Another bonus for these is that they are moderately theft proof in that most thieves will not have a receiver for these hitches.

norcalscott

Counting down the days... Just got the tires mounted! :)
20200519_190304_hdr_2.png

Lbcdan

Very nice! Did you install those rear stabilizing jacks yourself? Where did you find them?

I ordered them with the trailer. I believe it comes with one but I had them add additional mounts to I can have four points of ground contact for leveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles