Earthroamer

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I thought so also but it was not. I have gone through all invoices. It has been well maintained and runs great but not bulletproofed.

Odd, but at least you know and can plan for the bulletproofing. If you have an EGT gauge in the ER, watch it, keep it under 1200degF whenever you can.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Wrap price was ~$5k. Anyone have experience with wraps; what is the lifespan?

Yep, that’s pricey.
Was that for the whole vehicle, or just the camper?
I’m pretty frugal, So I would probably just have a body shop paint over that specific area.

Msand

Importer
That was for the whole rig.
Thats really cheap for a graphics wrap FYI

If that is the price to wrap the entire ER, whoever owns that wrap company is on crack- the 3M UV wrap and ink cost that much on its own. If thats the price to just redo the graphics its still a good deal.

taylor3633

Observer

If that is the price to wrap the entire ER, whoever owns that wrap company is on crack- the 3M UV wrap and ink cost that much on its own. If thats the price to just redo the graphics its still a good deal.
It’s a good buddy of mine that I have done lots of business with. What are your thoughts on the lifespan of wraps? I gotta say, I would really like to have a custom look on this beauty.

taylor3633

Observer

And to be clear, I’m not looking at a graphics wrap, I am looking for solid.

Msand

Importer
It’s a good buddy of mine that I have done lots of business with. What are your thoughts on the lifespan of wraps? I gotta say, I would really like to have a custom look on this beauty.
Ive done them on almost every vehicle I own.. Get a good 3M UV resistant wrap and it'll last 10+ years.

taylor3633

Observer
Ok, that makes me feel better about the potential expense. I will have to think on it a bit more and definitely sell my van before moving forward. Thank you!

taylor3633

Observer
1F6B03D0-92ED-44ED-AC9C-32BA610ED2C0.jpeg

jkam

nomadic man
I think you should start a new thread for your rig, going forward from purchase point.
Many of us would like to know your experience as it is what some of us would like to do as well.
For example.
Insurance cost.
Maintenance cost of the 550 and any Earthroamer added items.
How much you use it, full time vs. weekender?

Thanks.

Reactions: zip

Msand

Importer
I think you should start a new thread for your rig, going forward from purchase point.
Many of us would like to know your experience as it is what some of us would like to do as well.
For example.
Insurance cost.
Maintenance cost of the 550 and any Earthroamer added items.
How much you use it, full time vs. weekender?

Thanks.
I made a spread sheet I'll dig up for my ER I owned and full timed for 6 months on a surf binge. It wasn't cheap by any means- but if your not full timing cut it in half.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I made a spread sheet I'll dig up for my ER I owned and full timed for 6 months on a surf binge. It wasn't cheap by any means- but if your not full timing cut it in half.

I would love to see your spreadsheet. My goal is to live in my expedition vehicle, hopefully Earthroamer, and my boat.
Kind of surprised when you say it wasn’t cheap. What were your big expenditures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior