2019 Ram Power Wagon

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
We get Fleet discounts on GY's. If we can find a goodyear store that isn't too ignorant, and actually wants to change tires on fullsize trucks.

Most goodyear stores won't touch work trucks because they ''won't fit on our lifts''. Despite the simple fact that it's far FAR easier to remove the wheels in the parking lot with floor jacks. Pity the idiot tire tech that want's to lift 37" tires, 4 feet up, to a truck on a lift. Suckers. Out in the lot you only have to lift them 1", and you can do it sitting down, and use your knees to help lift them.

If we had to pay retail, especially for larger than stock sizes, Cooper makes a better tire in the STT an ST Maxx.

Last edited:

zblink

ive really enjoyed this build and right now im on the verge of some final beef enhancements.

Ball joints
truss
37s

i really like Thurens truss and will most likely go that way.

Im super confused on ball joints. Ive narrowed down to EMF, CARLI, DYNATRAC.
Putting cost aside, i need the ball joint that will take the most abuse and wont wear itself to a point of vagueness too soon.

seems EMF and CARLI have great products for 2500 Rams but for some reason, not a whole lot of people talking about ball joints
out there.

then rotors/pads upon failure.
Re ball joints, when my PW needed them, I went with DynaTrac because they can be rebuilt without removing them from the truck. Don't know if that is the case with Carli. From the DynaTrac website:
Dynatrac BallJoints are rebuildable -- they can be rebuilt on the vehicle with common hand tools.

https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable-ball-joints/dodge-trucks.html

The engineer in me would rank ball joints as
1. EMF - rebuild-able without removal, good quality, also cheapest of the bunch, better design then dynatrac
2. Carli - heard they are bulletproof but need to fall out of the carli spec and removed and sent back for analysis and then replacement by carli if confirmed out of spec (labor and shipping on you, +sounds like down time)
3. Dynatrac - screams poorly engineered to me even if the design is sufficient (and i usually like dynatrac products)

*have never heard of issues of using any of the 3 above even through a good amount of abuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier