Overlander Shower

Landy-Lee

Hi guys i hope you are all safe and well.

What shower setups are you all using?

Just a simple solar shower or a full 12V boiler setup?

Thanks Lee

tdferrero

Search bar will answer most of your questions.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
I did use an "Helton Heat Exchanger" - who delivers hot water, if my car engine is running and warm:

15795638946_8fd386da58_c.jpg

Surfy

Dr Gil

Thanks Lee

I've gone from the simple Zodi Extreme setup, to a complex Eccotemp with the pump, back to the Zodi Extreme. Now I know, simple and reliable is better than bells and whistles. I have several posts in some of the threads with my past and current setup you can search for.

Dr Gil

Thanks Lee

You can get away really cheap with a solar shower. Good luck getting that water heated up in the winter or heavy cloud cover. Do you want reliable or cheap?

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
We have a Webasto Thermotop diesel heater.
It heats and circulated glycol and provides hot water, central heating and engine pre heating if required. While driving the engine heats the hot water.
Brilliant.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Dr Gil

We have a Webasto Thermotop diesel heater.
It heats and circulated glycol and provides hot water, central heating and engine pre heating if required. While driving the engine heats the hot water.
Brilliant.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Could you send a pic of how that device heat water as well as the air?

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
It heats glycol and pumps it around via a heat exchanger in the HWS and via radiators with fans. It can also be plumbed to the engine cooling system.
Google is your friend.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

krick3tt

Adventurer
I ordered mine on line from Costco (last year, in winter) and it arrived within a week and was very well packed and worked well. Not sure of price now but when I bought mine it was $149 but a week later it went on sale and they credited me the $10 difference on my card. Unfortunately I have not gone anywhere in three months and may not go anywhere for a very long time.
It is also a great place to store 3.5 gallons of water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior