The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

w15p

Hi all (first post!)
I've read the entire 36 pages of thread... wow.

Taking delivery on a 4x4 high-roof sprinter cargo van this weekend and found a pair of tan 2014 sienna recliners at a junker in washington for $75 each - (+$25 per to be shipped to california...).

I see that ujoint still has the fixed bases. Are there any options for a swivel base at this point? (second row, not driver / navigator) I know I am going to have to figure out floor mounting -- would like to do L-track and have swivel bases. I've got a local welder, so I guess we can tackle this from basic principles, but if anyone has pointers on how to move forward, I'm all ears.

One other question is that my interior is black. The seats are tan.
This will not work ;)
Does anyone have experience with dyeing the leather? the seatbelt? the plastic? I know dyes exist for all of these materials, just wondering if I am on a fool's errand to try to get the seats to look "factory black" (won't keep me from trying, but it's good to know going in...)

EDIT: The seats are light grey. Given that the van is silver... I think I will leave well enough alone, I have enough to do. They are filthy though - downside of getting them from a junker...

Thanks for the wealth of information provided here.

cheers,
w15p

Last edited:

Justgosurfin

Sienna OE seat track. The ones from the sienna that the seats clip into.

I’m hunting for one more track that I can cut up to use the quick release with the seats I just got. The guy couldn’t find the 4th track.

Any help would be much appreciated.

450b997f541c39d6243fe32f684b57ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Sienna OE seat track. The ones from the sienna that the seats clip into.

I’m hunting for one more track that I can cut up to use the quick release with the seats I just got. The guy couldn’t find the 4th track.

Any help would be much appreciated.

450b997f541c39d6243fe32f684b57ad.jpg

Have you tried www.car-part.com ?

Justgosurfin

Thanks I actually found a yard 4 miles away that has a van. Going to check it out tomorrow.

Unfortunately it sounds like they only sell as a complete set $750 per seat. There are two tan leather ones available. I’ll take pics if anyone is interested.

Lilnuts

Ok soooo I'm kinda lazy to search all 36 pages here. If a guy wanted leather, recliners, that I could mount in the drivers and pass position, what year models would I focus on? always from the 2nd row correct?

Did they ever make those seats air cooled or heated?

Justgosurfin

Ok soooo I'm kinda lazy to search all 36 pages here. If a guy wanted leather, recliners, that I could mount in the drivers and pass position, what year models would I focus on? always from the 2nd row correct?

Did they ever make those seats air cooled or heated?

No heat or cool. Here are the seats I saw today. They were not recliners.

Anyone know if the quick release mounting track is the same from 2011+ and if the recliners use the same track as the non recliners? It looks the same but can’t tell for certain.

99a36663f100f38e1e1f8c3c4f897067.jpg

Lilnuts

Looking for new seats for the drivers & pass seats. Would you use these (with custom bases made)?
I can't afford the Sheel bad boys. ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles