2002 Toyota 4Runner Build

jofuhriman

Hey guys! I am finally making a build thread during quarantine to pass the time. I am currently in high school, saving for college, and with quarantine my budget is small, so this will not be anything over the top. This thread will be to document the work I do for myself and anyone interested. I picked her up mid February and haven't done much with her yet other than cleaning. I'm not planning on doing many mods unless you guys have suggestions for me to look into.

this is the current list of what I plan on doing to her for sure by the end of this year:
  • Replace / Fix broken speakers, (haven't been able to figure out if it's a poor connections from PO's electrical guy or if they are just blown.)
  • Replace all bulbs on car with LED's including dash and gauges.
  • Buff out the scratches on the body that I can with my dad's help.
  • Check and replace any mechanically unsound parts. (Should I get a Multi-Point Inspection from my dealer? Or just youtube tutorial it on my own?)\
this list of upgrades that are unnecessary and I am unsure of if they will be worth it in the long run. (input is always a good thing.)
  • TAQ retro badge.
  • Scangauge II.
  • Basket for top.
  • Replace all front and rear lights.
  • Plasti-Dip emblems (have heard some bad and good things about this.)
Here is how she stands currently, I'm painting the front grill today so pictures of that will be coming soon.

Last edited:

jofuhriman

I finished my grill today with 5 coats of flat black Rust-Oleum, figured I'd try that and see how well it holds up. Pictures down below.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior