Bathing Question

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I am not a fan of the solar showers that are gravity fed. They are too time consuming to warm the water up. Plus, depending on the cloud cover you stand a chance of not getting a hot shower. Im hoping to find something that uses the littlest amount of water as possible, as I do not want to waste my resources when out in nature.
The garden sprayer painted black is the one. The nozzle atomizes the water to your specs and saves water. The wand gets into the nooks and crannies. Heat water in your coffee pot to reach the temp to your specs. I have an old school one with quality parts. A commercial one now has decent construction. The brass nozzle is the important feature. Lengthen the hose and shorten the wand. It stores in its box with duct tape until it self destructs.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My setup:
- Water source - either Jerry cans, rear bumper, or i have 30ft. of RV water hose w/ a particulate strainer and a micron filter (just bathing not drinking)
- Portable tankless water heater
- 5lb propane tank
- 3.2 gpm RV water pump

The whole setup fits into a Wolf Pack box w/ an extended lid. It will heat ambient water temp to about + 40-50deg F at least.
View attachment 580130
That's a lot of plumbing.

dfroman

We have this and it works well. Great for dishes or hosing off the dog too
packs down to nothing and doesn't require a lot of hot water for a comfortable shower.

Shua

@Shua The Geyser System may not be as foldable as the gravity bag, but it consumes less than 1 gallon over 7 minutes. This saves tons of water space and weight (which is important to distribute correctly in teardrops). Most importantly, it's hot and ready in as little as 5 minutes with a camping stove.

View attachment 581369View attachment 581370
This sounds really cool. I know that water consumption is going to be a concern I have when I get away from city life. Where can I find one of these?

GHI

Adventurer
I bought a Lunatec self-cleaning wash cloth for backpacking and camping in my van. It scrubs the crud off your body or dishes, dries out really fast and lasts forever. We use them at home now too and also bought their smaller version for doing dishes at camp and at home. I have no affiliation with the company, but liked them so much I've handed out a few to family and fellow campers. The cost of the product is cheap. Never leave home without my Campsuds either.

BrewsterII

I don't have the ability/space to carry the extra water needed for showers.

I've used these with excellent results, so much so, that I don't want to haul extra water for showering. These are NOT your typical "baby wipes".

Last edited:

WVI

Adventurer
CHrome from the youtube channel VanCity, just picked up a Boss shower from Cabelas.
It's a small usb rechargeable, submersible pump with a hose and shower wand on it.
Juist need a container of water, turn it on and drop it in.
Looks pretty slick and simple.

PCO6

Adventurer
That's a lot of plumbing.

I'm putting a similar system for my trailer. It's not that bad, a cold water line in, a hot line out and a propane line in. I put quick connects on each line and it takes about 5 minutes to set everything up … and the water is HOT!

Attachments

• 2020-03-24 13.53.17.jpg
    2020-03-24 13.53.17.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Drumber

Observer
I use the Nemo Helio shower and privacy shelter. I fill the Helio before I leave and use it for hand washing, dishes and the occasional shower. To heat it up I just add some hot water from my JetBoil. It works great and is very compact when packed. I got both heavily discounted via open box deals on Amazon.

jeepers29

I've used this for the past 5 years, works surprisingly well. No moving parts/gaskets/seals/pressurization to deal with. No need for sun. Heat a pan of water and Viola! Need a rush of spray, just give bottle a squeeze.

A 1 liter bottle gets me fully showered/hair washed/shave. Wife needs bottle and a half. A 2 liter bottle gets a bit unsteady to hold over your head.

Thanks, just ordered one.

robert

Expedition Leader
Thanks, just ordered one.

(y) The owner is a member here. It's a remarkably simple idea that work well. Do yourself a favor and read the directions- I didn't bother to and I made the suggestion that it would be easier to use if the screw on part acted like a funnel. Yeah, they'd already thought of that, I just hadn't read the directions. LOL I keep one in the back of my truck for camping and rinsing off after outdoor activities and I've got a second one that I've carried on trips overseas. A 1L bottle will work fine if you don't have a lot of hair (I don't) and you'll quickly figure out how much hot water you need to make it comfortable for you.

On longer trips or activities where I think I may get dirty, i.e. mountain biking, I carry a 1g pump sprayer with the wand part removed and the nozzle screwed back on to the handle. I think it was like $6 at Home Depot on sale and I've had it for probably ten years now. Again, I just heat water on the stove.

I've also got a solar shower somewhere in a storage box. The best thing you can do with them is remove the pull on/push off head and toss it in the trash and put a sink sprayer on it; not as good a flow but you can actually use it with soapy hands and it saves a lot of water. Also in the same storage box is a Coleman battery powered shower setup. I used to use it with my folding sink, just drop the pump in the basin and the battery pack and switch go on the ground, but the pump sprayer is simpler.

JimboT

My setup:
- Water source - either Jerry cans, rear bumper, or i have 30ft. of RV water hose w/ a particulate strainer and a micron filter (just bathing not drinking)
- Portable tankless water heater
- 5lb propane tank
- 3.2 gpm RV water pump

The whole setup fits into a Wolf Pack box w/ an extended lid. It will heat ambient water temp to about + 40-50deg F at least.
View attachment 580130
what is the make of your heater? have you tried it at altitude?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior