SOLD: 1996 Ford E350 ext length Sportsmobile 4x4, 7.3l diesel, 14-16mpg, new trans, tons of new parts!!

northstar2018

Northstar
I just have to add on to your mid week bump, just so many great things about this rig. I appreciate all your attention to detail and ability to adapt! GLWS, just can't jump on this right now, but, hopefully, the right person will find this for you.

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Yea. I have a 1995 E350 with the 7.3 diesel here in California. And yeap its great to never ever have to smog it!! One less thing to do. This one looks dialed in. Love the colors too!!

I just have to add on to your mid week bump, just so many great things about this rig. I appreciate all your attention to detail and ability to adapt! GLWS, just can't jump on this right now, but, hopefully, the right person will find this for you.
Thank you so much, it really is a pretty unique rig (compared to many of the other floorplans etc out there) and very dialed in, we just got back from a 4 day 800 mile trip in Southern Utah. Van ran great with the new turbo, better than ever and is dialed. Man, the more I talk about my van the less I want to sell it, haha.

Hooter

I currently have a Jeep Rubicon but have really been lusting Sportsmobiles. I’ve got a 3 1/2 inch lift and 35s on my Rubi and have still scraped bottom a couple of times in rough rocky terrain. How does it do in that type terrain? Is it top heavy?

I really love your rig. If I can sell my RV I’d like to make you an offer.

I currently have a Jeep Rubicon but have really been lusting Sportsmobiles. I’ve got a 3 1/2 inch lift and 35s on my Rubi and have still scraped bottom a couple of times in rough rocky terrain. How does it do in that type terrain? Is it top heavy?

I really love your rig. If I can sell my RV I’d like to make you an offer.
Does really well, I am always impressed by how capable it is offroad. Every time I am in some pretty rough terrain I get some pretty shocked looks from other offroaders and RZR's etc. The high top does obviously add a little weight up high but it actually is no heavier than a pop top van as far as the top alone goes, I think it actually might weigh a little less if I remember right but the weight will vary depending on how much you load up the higher up cabinets, it does have crazy amounts of storage. For me the pros of not having to pop the top and being able to pull over and have no setup outweigh any cons. I have never had issues or felt like I would tip or anything like that on some pretty challenging true 4x4 trails, it by no means is a hardcore dedicated rock crawler but can hold its own. As with anything though there will be limits with height and length but I have yet to find them with this rig.

Last edited:
Still out enjoying the van till it sells...........come get a super dialed and reliable turn key camper van for your adventures!!!

Screenshot_20200505-074550~2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier