The Family Wagon - '19 Power Wagon

bahn112

Just had a kid so realized that my old Jeep '13 JK 2-door would be too small for us to go camping in unless I got a trailer. That rig was made more for offroading and while it was a blast it was spartan as all get out. It was a base Sport model with almost no creature comforts outside of A/C; didn't even have power windows. I didn't mind it at all but the wife kinda hated riding it in. The wife surprisingly gave me the ok to upgrade to a bigger vehicle so I started researching possible alternatives to the JK. The immediate choice was going to be a JL or a JT but then I mentioned to my wife that they would probably still be a little on the small side as well as not be as comfortable as a full size truck. I also wanted something that would be plenty capable from the factory and not have to spend a bunch of money to upgrade once purchased.
This all led me to the Power Wagon, found a leftover '19 model at a nearby dealership and got a great deal on it.

Glad I found this forum and look forward to learning a lot from ya'll and seeing everyones setups!

Picked the truck up on 3/2/20 and it's been a busy couple of weeks.

Mods so far (list will be continuously updated as mods are added):
-Decked system
-RCI 18" Bedrack w/ awning mounts and bike mounts
-Yakima awning
-Fuel Zephyr 17x9" -12 Offset Replaced with AEV Salta HD's
-Falken WildPeak AT3W 35X12.50X17
-Removed the front lip spoiler
-Removed Power Wagon decal on tailgate
-White Knuckle Offroad Sliders
-Yakima LocknLoad platform w/ perimeter rails
-AEV Procal SNAP
-Dethloff Oil/Trans Skid
-AEV Salta HD Silver
-Rig'd Ultra-Swing Mega-Fit tire carrier

585Ffcsh.jpg

2u8alyBh.jpg

AcEvcUZh.jpg

Pic of my old Jeep - wish I could've kept her too:
uCtZTVsh.jpg

Xv6newbh.jpg

Ra4bBHwh.jpg

Last edited:

bahn112

Its a 1 beer job... 20 minutes if you have your tools in front of you...

Yup, just a series of nuts along the edge of the lip and then undoing the support arm bolts. Once those are all unbolted there are 2 clips holding it in. A little tug and thats all there is to it.

bahn112

Just got the notification that my White Knuckle Offroad Sliders are being picked up by the freight company! There was a little break in the rain so to prep I removed the OEM side steps so that it's one less thing i'll have to do once they get here.
I will say, these friggin trucks are pretty darn tall from the factory. Had to do a little hop to get in it! :LOL:

wVwrUSNh.jpg

Last edited:

bahn112

My sliders from White Knuckle got delivered today so I spent the afternoon installing them. Quite heavy but was able to get them installed by myself. I also modded my exhaust a bit by cutting the tip back about 5" and then painting the tip and resonator black; this way they don't stick out visually so much.

wWAmAR4h.jpg

vY6WnTSh.jpg

wESRjXfh.jpg

qWgKlhQh.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
Did you get any weird vibrations with the sliders? I read on a forum about someone having issues with his sliders and the active vibration dampening these trucks have.

bahn112

Did you get any weird vibrations with the sliders? I read on a forum about someone having issues with his sliders and the active vibration dampening these trucks have.

Haven't driven around yet after installing them yesterday. I've read that there may be some sounds/vibrations but that those are largely eliminated if you mount them in the lowest position possible; which is only like a 1/2" difference at most. I also read that most of those noises will go away with a bit of driving. I don't expect to run into issues and hope that's the case.

nater

Adventurer
I will say with my Maple Offroad sliders, there is zero vibration/noise/weirdness... I did mount mine as low as possible since the wife and dog use them as steps. I feel like those reports of vibrations were early on, who knows what was going on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94