MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Last summer at the Northwest Overland Rally Nanc and I purchased a Tailgater Tire Table. We immediately fell in love with its usefulness. I typically set it up on the passenger side tire of Beastie. In that location it works well as a place to eat, somewhere to stack dishes as you wash them in the sink, a place for meal preparations, etc.

The Tailgater Tire Table company just sent me an email. They have a sale going on, 30% off and FREE SHIPPING! Just go to their website and use the code MOAB30 when you check out. I have no financial interest in this company. Just like their product.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Absolutely fabulous work there Carbon60. Keep letting us know what you are up to and continue with the pics. Really appreciate everyone's input here.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I've also been making a bunch of modifications over the past few weeks.

Completely replaced the main electrical system, including a new battery box, added a 600W DC supply to charge the battery bank when sunlight is not sufficient, more robust fridge plug, selector switches for solar 1, 2, DC supply, master disconnect. Deleted the inverter, for now, I may added it back later:

View attachment 575981

The solar charge controller is a Bogart unit, paired with the battery monitor that is in the cabin. I also put a LED light on the ceiling of the box, so I could sit and marvel at my handiwork. :)

Added some of that foam tile with outdoor carpeting laminated to it, as well as a small piece of doormat (not shown in picture):

View attachment 575982

Added voltage regulators to the Maxxfan and Propex furnace circuits so I can let the solar controller maximize the lifetime of the Trojan batteries by taking them up to the maximum voltage:

View attachment 575983

Some wiring cleanup remains to be done…

I see Mark liked my Lagun table install a whole lot.

I added a pair of directly wired and dedicated cig plugs to power laptops when using it as an office:

View attachment 575984

Last fall I added the 200W of solar panels to the roof:

View attachment 575985

Next on the work list is to add a couple of rocker switches and a 12v socket inside each of the kitchen slide out compartment doors to control the water pump, the side floodlights individually, and allow an outside awning lamp to be used. I'm going to use a relay to allow the interior switch to control both outside floodlights while they can be controlled individually from each side. The pump switch is going to be in the kitchen, because that seems way better than having it in the cabin.

A.

Must be an older model.

carbon60

Explorer
Started work on a panel to be installed inside the kitchen slide out to allow for a 12V socket, relocated pump control, and relocated right side floodlight control:

895c9710d942c5ea7d176f4100a63e81.jpg
ae080490de538f42877c76ae71a63817.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'm getting bored sitting with my leg in the air all the time. Soooo.....thought I'd through up a few pics of past overlanding adventures.

The first one is a very old picture. I took it in the early '90's near Nye, MT. The idea of going from a gravel road, opening up a gate, and hitting two track trails always appeals to me. I have been back there many times and want to go again. Fly fishing the Stillwater River, hiking into the Absorka-Beartooth Wilderness, and driving the old logging and mining trails is like heaven. I used to own and operate a small overland equipment company called Northwest Expeditions. I used this pic in a lot of my ads.

Stillwater, MT.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
When you get down to SW Utah the next time, try the trails around Comb Ridge. If you like hiking, you can discover a lot of Anasazi ruins and artifacts. My buddy Kent and I were lucky enough to find this crane on one of our hikes to the top of the ridge.

Crane Book Cliffs Utah.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Looking at Comb Ridge from a campsite on the west side at sunset. Our trailers will get us into places like this with ease. Ah, no more tents!

IMG_2672.jpeg

Vogold

Not the most detailed picture. What kind of hose and connector di you use?
The hose and collapsible jug are stored in the sink and I can’t open the kitchen slide enough to get to them while the trailer is in the garage, so I can’t take detailed pics right now, sorry!
The hose is a cheap flexible plastic drain hose from Home Depot. I cut the center out of the water jug cap so the hose fits with enough tension that it does not back out. Slip one end of the hose on the sink and the other into the jug and it’s ready to go. When the jug is getting close to full, just pull the hose out and empty it somewhere away from camp. It’s also nice that this gives us some idea as to how much water we’ve used.

Our next camping trip is planned for late April. I’m hoping we will be able to go, but we will just have to wait and see if area we are planning on going to is open then.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I'm looking at one of these to mount over the P/S fender. I'm going to make a cardboard template to see how much I like the size.

or this smaller size.

carbon60

Explorer
I'm looking at one of these to mount over the P/S fender. I'm going to make a cardboard template to see how much I like the size.

or this smaller size.

I have an extra Lagun table mount and I'm planning on mounting to the outside of the trailer somewhere. More flat surfaces are always better.

Vogold

Fed ex dropped this off today! It’s installed and ready to go.
0160EB3B-8BD7-40B9-AE19-FD0B5FBC4C33.jpeg

I need to get busy and find a way to install the ark jockey wheel that I pulled off of my last trailer before I sold it. It’s going to require a custom bracket...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles