Pandemic

foxhunter

Adventurer
So in a pandemic is a large custom camper like Earthroamer, GXV,or earthcruiser not the perfect RV? The ability to live off grid with your own water supply and no need to hook up and get off road, makes them far superior to a conventional Rv, or even small off road RV with no water storage capacity. Full timers in conventional RV’s are tied to campgrounds where bathroom facilities are shared. Limiting human contact requires spending a lot more time inside your RV in a campground with the inevitable cabin fever and claustrophobia. Camping off grid and heading to town only for restock, means you barely know there even is a pandemic.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Yes an Earthroamer is a very nice and expensive light off-road vehicle for leaving society in good and bad times. Like every other RV it also eventually needs water for you to survive. Water is 1st on my list as a need for off-grid living and camping. I bring more water than I need which means adding lot's of weight. Something to consider when choosing an "Expo" vehicle.

Best? Maybe!

There are certainly many other vehicles that will accomplish the same goal when you account for water. Bathroom? Be like a bear and schidt in the woods!

Why would you NEED to live "Off-Grid" at this time Pandemic or no Pandemic when all services are still available at your regular place of residence?

Yes I know there are those that are "Full Timers" and the number of those folks is so small in the big scheme of things it is not a consideration for the masses.

Yes I like the Earthroamer. I also like a second home on the lake or somewhere else in "Boonies" to accomplish the same goal during these trying times. We will all git through it in our own way!

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
These are just tools and everyone has different needs. Water is the limiting factor for all which is why an EarthCruiser allows for filling up from anywhere with a purified water system. Our recycling shower system allows for good water management. If we could rely on people responsibly schidt-ing in the woods that would be one thing but mostly we can't which is why a bathroom is necessary.

Having an overland vehicle like an EarthCruiser allows that 'vacation' home to be anywhere one desires at any given time. In these times, the farther away from people the better in my opinion.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Anything self contained and mobile works. I full time, and my fifth wheel has a 60 gallon water tank...

And am not tied to an rv park unless I want to be.

My pop up truck camper has a 40 gallon water tank, and 200 watts of solar, with 270amp/hr battery and with a cordless pump can fill from anywhere.

All that being said, I have been looking Into some of the larger expedition type trucks, as my fiver even though its wonderful, not so great off road haha. As they just arent built that well, and its 33ft long.

As a contract medic, this covid 19 has me all over the states for work right now.

Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote. With my entertainment and navigation multitool

Grenadiers

Adventurer
After four months in Baja (still here), we can ‘live’ on a beach for about 14 days until the water is out. 88 gallons total, coffee and dishwashing uses the most water. That’s without using either of the indoor or outdoor showers! The Spendide washer/dryer uses 17 gallons of water. It uses water to dry too, but clothes line is better! I’m going to install a city/water valve through the wall to hook up to a RV water source some day. The flushing system with the Thetford Cassete toilet uses water too. RV water comes in handy for that, and as it’s done in Mexico, putting the used toilet paper in the garbage saves flush water. I have a Euro water pump a long hose and a brass filter for lake or steam water if the opportunity arises. We bought a home in Mulege Baja Sur and we’re selling the vehicle if anyone is interested. Ad in EP right now.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Get ready for summer in Mulege. I know a guy who has a trailer in LA Bay and tows it to Campo Rene by Punta Abreojos four months of the year.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Hi
Get ready for summer in Mulege. I know a guy who has a trailer in LA Bay and tows it to Campo Rene by Punta Abreojos four months of the year.
Hoping NOT to be here during the hot summer. But, house is air conditioned! Believe the Abreojos area is shut down. At least the RV park is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles